Fcuk Rocks Organics soil.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
I keep having the same issue with them. I use the original. Pulled a mini boulder from my last bag and chucked it across the room pissed potting 11 plants from solos to twos and threes lol😂

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I keep having the same issue with them. I use the original. Pulled a mini boulder from my last bag and chucked it across the room pissed potting 11 plants from solos to twos and threes lol😂
The most I have found in Happy Frog soil is a 1/2" diameter stick piece a few inches long that made it through the screen. I switched to see if the RO would be better with gnats - it's the same. I am feeding my plants organic. Bird shit, bat shit, fish shit, all kinds of shit - I live in the woods - there will be gnats.

Justblazin

I don't usually put this much effort into bashing a company. Then again, I don't usually have to put this much effort into preparing my "ready to use!" soil.
View attachment 57919
"plant it right in the cute camouflaged bag!" then maybe you won't see the shit we hide in there... This is the second bag like this, so it is not an anomaly. Noticed that I had to break up 'clods' when I was doing a repot, and found a rock. I just ran this 1.5cuft bag through a half-inch grid and got this out of it.
View attachment 57920
If this is supposed to be such a great soil mix, with all the extra nutrients and stuff in it, which nutrients are in the clay balls with rocks and sticks in the middle? I 'grated" the clods over the half-inch, then a quarter inch grid, and got this
View attachment 57921
I get that there will be some sticks in the soil, I would prefer they not be logs. I rinsed that mess off with a hose and got this
View attachment 57922

I am tempted to put them in a rock-tumbler, shine them up and send them back to the company...

In conclusion, no matter how great a company is, you cannot live on reputation. Quality control is also crucial.
I'm a machine operator by trade and just so happen to work at a bulk soil mixture company, for mostly landscapers doing sodding and gardening, also home owners and garden centre's.
A very likely scenario is that the screen in the screening plant could have a couple holes in it letting in sticks and rocks that would usually be screened out. It happens all the time, the smaller screens on the plant I use break pretty easily(just some thin wire) and sometimes you just don't notice for awhile.
Not saying that 100% what happened but its pretty likely.
If it's not usually like that with the rocks and sticks, like if once in awhile you come across a bag like that I could see that being the problem. If all your bags are like that then I guess that's just how they sell it.
Just thought I'd throw my experience in screening soil out there
Hope that helps