Favorite soil/recipe

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I'm looking to jump back into organics. Not doing hydro again till I have a large load and automation. Anyone have soil recommendations ? Discussion debate are very welcome. Any recipes you would like to share. I have a good amount of amendments. When I was first getting into it I had a notebook full of math etc trying to get that blend lol. I think yall could make it simpler. Thanks fam!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I don’t make my own, because I’m lazy and don’t have enough space to mix up large batches, but a lot of organic growers seem to like Coots mix.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I don’t make my own, because I’m lazy and don’t have enough space to mix up large batches, but a lot of organic growers seem to like Coots mix.

I'm probably gonna buy my first batch cause of time constraints then mix some down the road. I also want to find larger food grade containers for it. I dont like using non fg plastics in anything I eat or smoke.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I'm probably gonna buy my first batch cause of time constraints then mix some down the road. I also want to find larger food grade containers for it. I dont like using non fg plastics in anything I eat or smoke.
Fungus and certain microbes break down and eats plastics and in a living soil you should have plenty of both so idk could be overthinking etc.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN

I've had really good results from his mix. Though I double up on the kelp meal and replace gypsum with dolomite and double that amount. Plus 1 cup of crab shell meal. Also I grind whole Malted Barley into powder and add 2 cups per.