Excess or a deficiency

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Room is about 26 deg average 60%
600w bridgelux 3500k DIY on a tracker.
Have fan mounted blowing down on tracker runs day and night.
Plant is 907 bluegenes.
4 gallon coco per light.
It’s once used.
bluemat fed Megacrop 1 part new mix.
She looked great gave her a flush after a few weeks flowering was 3000ppm. She looked fine though.
And again at say 4 weeks. Runoff was 1000.
Been feeding around 500-600 as of late.
I’m thinking K deficiency by the chart.
What you say. I’ve upped to 700.
IMG_4026.jpegIMG_4022.jpegIMG_4024.jpeg

Streetpro09

Tester
I'm thinking you got er figured. Here's another reference with real plant pics to help fully confirm.

8th picture down, including the title picture, looks very similar to yours.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The thing you have to watch for is that in fixing what you think is a K deficiency you don't lock out something else while sorting that.

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Do you have a stir pump in your rez? How many drippers are you running? Do you ever give her something besides your primary feed?
In threads from yester year heath robinson would give them a little shot of pk 13/14 like 3 ml for about a week around week 5 ish. Any thoughts on her being root bound?

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
a 4g pot seems large enough since it doesn't need the soil to eat from.
Ya those coco guys get bangers with 3 gallons.. that 3000 ppm most likely the snag. Coco suppliers be all over the map. Canna seems to be the gold standard at 36 bucks a bag...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ya those coco guys get bangers with 3 gallons.. that 3000 ppm most likely the snag. Coco suppliers be all over the map. Canna seems to be the gold standard at 36 bucks a bag...
I think its just because coco is inert, and wants to stay inert except for salt buildup. Nothing but gnats wants to live there. But soil run like coco wants to be alive doesn't have the same fertigation properties and coco. Coco is basically all natural rockwool for all it gives the plant. Any soil is gonna have a variety of mineral content the roots are wanting to interact with.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Doubt it’s root bound. When I flushed at 3000ppm it was praying and only signs of anything was a bit of blue tinge on some leaves no clawing. I just about shit when I tested. Since it’s is once used coco it was probly up there in ppm out of the gate.
After that it has slowly faded a bit in colour. So I’m guessing it’s not N locking out K. Never has clawed.
It’s almost too late to correct but I have upped the feed. It’s still throwing some hairs so it’s not too close to being done.
Of course I’m bad at dates I may have a pick I can sifer where she’s at. Sure smells lovely. Blueberry and karosene.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Did you figure out what was going on?
Were you not watering enough?
When you flushed, it broke loose the nutes all at once?
Pinner420 had the right idea.
I've done it before.
How do you feed? Every watering?
I feed almost every time (5 feed to 1 straight water) but like 1/4 strength,
Of course, I water by hand with a garden sprayer. I can put it right where I want it and how much.
Remarkably, I don't use a lot of water with all this clay in the soil.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Feeding with bluemats. Averaged 500 to 600. With a couple flushes. Seems she likes the high nutes or possible root issues.
Been feeding around 700 with a couple hand waterings as of late.
I just lift to pot to check on the bluemat adjustment. Has been quite steady. After the hand flushed I used nutes for the last few litres and pinched the valve in after to let the pot dry for a day.
She doesn’t look terrible. Still quite perky and still putting on weight. Hard to tell if the higher nutes is working. But she ma not looking worse. No downward clawing just the up tips and the lead margin. And light in colour especially on the older sun leaves.
IMG_4034.jpeg

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
I like the rate your feeding very sensible for smoth smoke. Whats your microbe routine compost tea, zymes, worm tea? Ive been short cutting it because of temps and using cannazyme as a line cleaner / root luv approach. After my last run i starved the girls to cannabalistic levels adjusting to soil.
Went out on a limb and put pure blend pro for soil in there 8ml with a 1ml application of drip clean and 5ml cannazyme. Lands me at 700ish. No cannabalism this run looking stout so far. In the 8 gallon pots shooting for good better best. Putting in a big carrot no drip ring and a small carrot with drip ring. So 2 sensors for the bigger pots. When i tilled in the root balls this seemed like the next evolution. Im runnimg build a soil 3.0 and the pumice has to be compensated for with (pure coir insert) 2 hand fulls...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I haven't been doing this for that long, and most of it is recorded on here. I started with bottle-fed salts and now I grow or make most of my inputs for during the grow. The difference I see with "living" soil is that I have no deficiencies. As long as I reamend with the minerals after each grow it keeps being decomposed so the plants might be eating what I put in 3 runs ago for all I know. There's no pH-ing, no run-off, no 'flushing', and leaves that are healthy at harvest.

The hardest part for me to accept when switching was that the plant knows what it needs, and the system works. I do a bastardized potting-soil version so the rules can be interpreted pretty loosely and still work. I still have all the worms and cover crops and stuff that make it tick. Just food for thought, not preaching ;) The main thing I have gained is knowing that if it's a girl I'll harvest smoke.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I’d like to go organic inside. I’m working on new worm compost. Started some new breeder bins. I think my 25 gallon bins get too anaerobic in the bottom. I do flip but it’s pretty smelly in the bottom half. I get root issues with it. I’m thinking there is an abundance of anaerobic bacteria. So my breeder worm bins are only 3”deep. Been feeding powdered alfalfa pellets, wheat, bird seed, and beet pellets, peat and chopped up straw as bedding. Just experimenting really. They are eating the powder quite well and laying tuns of eggs. Almost ready to try some out on a plant to see how it goes.
As far as the bluemats just Megacrop 1 part. Ph is 6 after mixing with RO. I hand water with some Bennie’s occasionally to inoculate. Nothing else.
About to set up an electric controller for my bluemat Rez. I’ll use a small res up high and keep a big one on the floor.
Run the pump to top and turn on and off with one of these. That way the Rez will only drop an inch or so before the pump tops it up.
IMG_4043.jpegIMG_4044.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I do flip but it’s pretty smelly in the bottom half.
I have the stackable 'flow-through' trays that are just 1/4" plastic grid on the bottom. You can add more trays, rotate them etc.

If I was to do a homemade one I would have a stackable system. 2 totes together with as many holes as I can drill in the top one. The bottom one would be empty since most of them stack with just a 2-3" gap at the bottom. If the bottom tray starts getting moist your bin is too wet. It'll have castings and worms in it and will also act as the "breeding spot" for them.