Everything indoors. Except cannabis!

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Hi everyone,

I thought i start a thread where we can post about our veggies and fruits we grow indoors. I have a 4x4 tent and a 460w led light. I am a hobby grower when it comes to cannabis so i don’t need to fill the tent everytime. Sometimes i go 1-2 plants sometimes 4 in smaller pots and so on. This leaves me with a lot of space i can utilize.

To take advantage of these spaces i’m throwing in some peppers, tomatoes, strawberries, some herbs, some greens etc.

4493130B-31C7-4977-B343-1CBC7E81D8FB.jpeg

Tomatoes went outside a little early because i needed the space. I still managed to get about 10 small-medium sized tomatoes. Looks promising for the winter.

7BBD64BB-6DFA-4C41-8599-3ED0BA9CDD5A.jpeg520B7102-5C0C-4735-BB9C-0F5E10055753.jpeg8EEF74CC-DA17-4C1D-9B0D-D7895E7F0692.jpeg

I ate about 25 off of this plant and now its producing same crunchy peppers outside. It was only in a 2 gallon pot.

Now at the moment the tent is down for the drying of my harvest. So all the others either have been transplanted into my garden or they have been put under floros until the tent is up and running again.

Tho i still have couple of plants that i’m gonna throw in after i hook up these fans onto my lights.

6FD896E5-385E-441F-9248-C6CFDEDA4700.jpeg

Some might recognise what these are and some might not. There are 2 strawberries which are already producing strawberries. This is an heirloom strawberry cultivar with small sized fruits. Better for jams etc. But i like just eating them straight up.

There are 3 melon transplants. Now transplanting melon is not a good practice. They don’t like to be moved or disturbed but indoors i had to. Its actually a very hard fruit to produce indoors. A very high demanding plant. It wants a generous bit of soil, an open area to stretch as it likes, lots of sunlight and lots of water. Of course fertilization. Plus pollination by hand. I just want to give it a try.

Once i got my tent up and running, i’m gonna reverse some gals to get pollen. They will not be in big pots. So the project will cover a minimal area in the tent. Rest, i’m gonna fill it up with these plants and give it a go. Maybe if it looks promising in the end, homegrown organic melons in the winter doesn’t sound too bad to me.

So all in all, you may have an idea about growing other stuff alongside your canna and you may not be sure how well it’ll work. Well, i’m (and the other participants of this thread) gonna try it beforehand so anyone can get an idea how easy to grow stuff around the corners of a tent or under the canopy. You can fill up the space and maybe do spices and herbs that can keep pests away, at least as a first line of defence, deter them.

For example i got oregano, thyme, basil, some kind of mint that deters mosquitoes, sage and other herbs. They are a good addition to your homecooked meals, they are full of organic goodness, they deter pests and they don’t need much light. Most of these herbs and spices can be placed under the canopy and the results may suprise you. They don’t need much direct light.

Well anyway here it goes and feel free to post your indoor beauties of any kind.

Except cannabis! :)

Crash32097

Veteran Grower
Sweet, nice thread, I love growing everything. Got a little outdoor garden going myself, will get pics soon, I have tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, okra, beans(pole and bush), carrots, brocolli. No strawberries yet I've been too busy with work and this heat sucks right now. My wife and son have been eating all the blackberries, not many ripe ones left for me. Caring for plants is my comfort zone, my zen garden if you will.

crimsonecho

Sweet, nice thread, I love growing everything. Got a little outdoor garden going myself, will get pics soon, I have tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, okra, beans(pole and bush), carrots, brocolli. No strawberries yet I've been too busy with work and this heat sucks right now. My wife and son have been eating all the blackberries, not many ripe ones left for me. Caring for plants is my comfort zone, my zen garden if you will.
I got an outdoor garden as well. Its realy relaxing and calming to take care of plants. I’m doing this one solely about indoors but one outdoor garden doesn’t hurt :)

Whatever you grow with your hands tastes best man. Strawberries fresh off! Mmmh. Fresh toms off the vine! Without a doubt one of the greatest bounties in the world. And okra! Shit i hate okra hahahha.

crimsonecho

Yeah Man, like flowering Annuals - pansies, marigolds, snap dragons, petunias, geraniums etc. With the Geraniums, you could probably dig them up and winter them inside to be put back out in the spring.
Pfff Canadian winters.. i try to keep my plants compact and i’m sure i can fit them under my canopy and grow alongside my cannabis. Tho it may not work for you if you are growing little monsters inside.

I have started pyrethrums under this canopy for example and now they are outside and very healthy so are my other herbs. You may not need to get another setup for that but its a matter of growing style of course. Plus it would just be lovely to walk into a tent with nothing but flowers.

You are probably just gonna veg them in there but still, its a very romantic idea. :)

crimsonecho

Man i took on a big challenge. Instead of melons i threw a pumpkin in there. Melons will go to the garden. Pretty sure i’ll have to cull it at some point but the tent was running because i’m reversing a plant to get seeds. So not a big problem but i hope i can get something bigger then a coconut :)

Also some strawberries. They just got transplanted into bigger fabric pots so i expect them to grow vigorously in the near future. Also some other herbs like oregano, thyme, sage etc.
104F58B4-1DB1-430F-A8B5-DC6185CF7BD8.jpeg50960772-A058-41E2-A710-88B4699A0DFC.jpeg73647418-7208-4586-B7AC-BD632CA90455.jpeg

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Pfff Canadian winters.. i try to keep my plants compact and i’m sure i can fit them under my canopy and grow alongside my cannabis. Tho it may not work for you if you are growing little monsters inside.

I have started pyrethrums under this canopy for example and now they are outside and very healthy so are my other herbs. You may not need to get another setup for that but its a matter of growing style of course. Plus it would just be lovely to walk into a tent with nothing but flowers.

You are probably just gonna veg them in there but still, its a very romantic idea. :)
Pfft Canadian winters!? 😆😆 where you live Antarctica? Where I’m at there’s a month or so in the winter where we get 1-2 hours o daylight -and several months of -30 to -50 aaand like 4 feet of snow half the year. Indoor gardening round here is a must. I’d be twice as crazy as I already am if not for the room full of light and life