Evergreens water only soil

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
ok guys here it is this is how i mix up my soil. let me start by saying idk how you would break this down for smaller batches you will need to @ a math head for that lol

I start with a high grade organic soil that i can get locally. I buy this by the cubic yard this would equal 9 3 cubic ft bags of soil. just make sure your base soil is high in organic matter and well blended and mixed. You dont want rocky soil or soil with big chunks of wood or bark in it. a good soil will smell super earthy, be light and fluffy it will compact well when squeezed but should also break back apart easily not stay compacted.
I use down to earth nutrients with my soil as well as perlite and high quality fresh earthworm castings, and de as its high in silica.

I start with 1 cubic yard of base soil. minus about 25 gallons worth.
I then add 4 3 cu ft bags of perlite for a total of 12 cu ft of perlite.
next is the worm casting i add 50 lbs of worm casting (i source this local from a bait shop owner ive become good friends with)
4lbs of bone meal from DTE
1 lb Azomite DTE
4lbs alfalfa meal DTE
.5lbs of oystershell powder DTE
2lbs blood meal DTE
1.5 lbs langbeinite DTE
.25lbs diatomite hi silica (DE)
I mix all of this very thoroughly through out a 2 day time frame, I mix this up using a shovel and a rototiller to really blend it up i do this on top of a tarp so be careful if you use a rototiller not to hit the tarp. i then lightly water the mix fold the tarp and let it sit another day
I then store it in 50 gal trash cans it will fill 3 full cans ( i fill 2 cans full and two others half full!) and have a little left over the left over i toss on top of the veggie garden or top dress parts of my lawn.
I then take one of the half full cans and fill the rest of it with the base soil we set aside in the beginning to use for seedlings and clones.
the other half full can is used to put the soil in as i use it so when i harvest a plant i let its pot get very dry and slice up all the roots and grind it into the half full can then mix it once this can is full it becomes the next seedling and clone batch.

this makes roughly 180 gallons of soil.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Yesssss!!! Your TF man!!!
Im gathering supplies now.
Do you recommend letting it cook in the sun? For 30 days?
I dont its only outside for three days while i mix it then into the cans for storage I give it a few weeks before i use it and keep it damp not wet. you have to open the cans and churn them i do this this once a week i have a small auger meant for digging post holes this is how i mix it weekly i guess a paddle bit on a drill would do the same or youll have to do it by hand

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
ok guys here it is this is how i mix up my soil. let me start by saying idk how you would break this down for smaller batches you will need to @ a math head for that lol

I start with a high grade organic soil that i can get locally. I buy this by the cubic yard this would equal 9 3 cubic ft bags of soil. just make sure your base soil is high in organic matter and well blended and mixed. You dont want rocky soil or soil with big chunks of wood or bark in it. a good soil will smell super earthy, be light and fluffy it will compact well when squeezed but should also break back apart easily not stay compacted.
I use down to earth nutrients with my soil as well as perlite and high quality fresh earthworm castings, and de as its high in silica.

I start with 1 cubic yard of base soil. minus about 25 gallons worth.
I then add 4 3 cu ft bags of perlite for a total of 12 cu ft of perlite.
next is the worm casting i add 50 lbs of worm casting (i source this local from a bait shop owner ive become good friends with)
4lbs of bone meal from DTE
1 lb Azomite DTE
4lbs alfalfa meal DTE
.5lbs of oystershell powder DTE
2lbs blood meal DTE
1.5 lbs langbeinite DTE
.25lbs diatomite hi silica (DE)
I mix all of this very thoroughly through out a 2 day time frame, I mix this up using a shovel and a rototiller to really blend it up i do this on top of a tarp so be careful if you use a rototiller not to hit the tarp. i then lightly water the mix fold the tarp and let it sit another day
I then store it in 50 gal trash cans it will fill 3 full cans ( i fill 2 cans full and two others half full!) and have a little left over the left over i toss on top of the veggie garden or top dress parts of my lawn.
I then take one of the half full cans and fill the rest of it with the base soil we set aside in the beginning to use for seedlings and clones.
the other half full can is used to put the soil in as i use it so when i harvest a plant i let its pot get very dry and slice up all the roots and grind it into the half full can then mix it once this can is full it becomes the next seedling and clone batch.

this makes roughly 180 gallons of soil.
I will def be getting this for future runs thank u

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
@Evergreengardener ever consider adding in bacteria or fungi? Also, I do use DE as a topdress, but I also started running some playground sand in for silica. It would be a very slow release and I intended to recycle my soil. This is my first year that I'm trying recycled soil and so far so good.
So if your starting with a base soil from bags then yes add it in im starting with a base that is made and mixed for two seasons before you can purchase it so i have tons of natural fungus and bacteria

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
“Myco”-“rrhizae” literally means “fungus”-“root” and defines the mutually beneficial relationship between plants and these specialized fungi. The fungi colonize plant roots and extend microscopic filaments into the surrounding soil profile, greatly enhancing the effective surface area of the root system. The mycorrhizal hyphae can access nutrients and water unavailable to the host plant’s roots because they explore a much larger volume of soil. More than 90 percent of plant species form a symbiotic relationship with these types of beneficial soil fungi. Over 70 percent of plant species, including most common vegetables, flowers, fruits, grasses and agricultural crops, form endomycorrhizal relationships. Endomycorrhizae penetrate into plant roots, delivering nutrients directly. A smaller percentage of species, including the most popular conifers and oaks, form ectomycorrhizal relationships. Ectomycorrhizae live in close proximity to, but outside, plant roots. The mycorrhizal products we offer contain the most diverse and effective strains of mycorrhizal fungi available anywhere. Several of our fertilizer blends also contain mycorrhizae. Apply all these products so they come into direct contact with existing or emerging plant roots. By utilizing a robust mix of beneficial soil organisms, plants can survive and thrive the way they naturally evolved.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Good idea. These hydro,shops are nuts with there prices. 45$+ for 3 yds of roots organic. Wowwww
shit i wish i could buy 3 yrds of roots organic for 45 bucks lmao.. hell id use that on all my jobs to for that price haha... idk about hydro shops prices for soil it never once crossed my mind to buy it there but i think you meant 3 cuft as thats a standard bag size.. around here even garden centers like the ones most people visit 2x a year tops lol to buy their memorial day flowers carry the full fox farm line for like 15 a bag still over priced imo