Environmental questions (indoor bloom room)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have a heat problem and i am trying to avoid getting portable AC. I have the power I just dont have the vent hole (I have a single 4 inch hole in the wall for my scrubber)

I have 1400 watts in the bloom room. At 1050 i hit just over 80F so that is as warm as i want it and because it is a devoted bloom room a constant 70F would be pretty nice. After 80 the plants are not as healthy as they should be.

Is it better to have less lighting power to maintain a lower temp?

I was looking at an evaporative cooler but that wont cut it. I may have no choice but getting a portable AC and figuring out where to move it. Now is the time for sales! I might find out in 2 months a heater is more important.....its always an adventure!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have removed 1 light and may swap out another to reduce the wattage (heat). I will also try and get my 6 inch fan pulling in air from the cold basement (not through tents). 5 more degrees F and no more heat stress fox tailing. They look like the trees from the Grinch stole Christmas sometimes.

The bud works and all i just want some nicer shaped buds for pics and because they look nicer and i have a feeling that even though the buds are top shelf....if i can nail the conditions they are going to get even better!

That is my next project. The AC is great except i have no idea where to exhaust it.
DSCF2569.JPG

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am going to grab a used portable AC unit to see how it goes. I think if i put a y pipe on my only exhaust out of the room it will work with AC on one side (exhausting out with a backdraft damper) and the scrubber running full speed all the time on the other.
It would be nice to see what it can do running full bore :D....I really want to.

The dial goes to 10....

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Matters what region you live but why not negative pressure method to cool your room? run a temp controller ( when it hits to high) = triggers carbon filter outside of room+ ducting +inline fan , than have your room well sealed ( you’ll need outdoor graded doors cause if you haven’t done this before when you open the doors it will feel like you are being pressurized if you do it right ) and than have the only way when the room is completely filled with air so it can decompress it’s air like a bubble ( put a carbon filter with ducting and duct it efficiently)

I used to do 10 de’s with no a/c this method , it’s just a little harder (building room wise and keeping temps perfect ) and you need to realize that winter is only months I’m talking about doing this .

Easy fix would be a pulse environment device when you do it and you would never fuck up, cheap and super cool. Can’t wait to try mine more out

curious2garden

Really Active Member
I am going to grab a used portable AC unit to see how it goes. I think if i put a y pipe on my only exhaust out of the room it will work with AC on one side (exhausting out with a backdraft damper) and the scrubber running full speed all the time on the other.
It would be nice to see what it can do running full bore :D....I really want to.

The dial goes to 10....
@Burned Haze gave you some good info.

What is your ambient humidity? I used to run my canopy at 105 before I shut off lights but I'm in the Mojave. Plants did just fine. I added a swamp cooler and now I don't break the 80s. Then again my ambient humidity is about 10%. So it's a special case. You might want to do the math on an A/C unit versus a Swamp Cooler with dehumidifier in terms of electrical consumption.

For me it was a perfect option because now my humidity is in the 20s during the day and 30s at night!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Bloom is 60 to 65%. Temp 80 lights on now. That swamp cooler i think works best in dry climates.
The thing is it will be getting cold soon. I think I will coast through it now and figure out a cooler air intake...or a portable AC.

I use lots of fans. Air is always moving so the PM is at bay.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Bloom is 60 to 65%. Temp 80 lights on now. That swamp cooler i think works best in dry climates.
The thing is it will be getting cold soon. I think I will coast through it now and figure out a cooler air intake...or a portable AC.

I use lots of fans. Air is always moving so the PM is at bay.
Oh my, I'd definitely invest in a good dehumidifier and cut that humidity. A swamp cooler would be worthless for you! Worse it would compound your issue. So A/C and Dehumidifier it is LOL Look into a split.