Ecowitt Moisture Meter

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I’ve read mixed reviews on that style of sensor so I’d definitely like to know what your thoughts are once you’ve been using them for awhile.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Chinese software can sometimes make your head hurt. Keep in mind if you use these on a phone, you have to have both apps. WS Viewer is the other app. It allows you to view the info the Hub is putting out. There is also a display you can get. I'm considering it to put on my desk and not have to use my phone for monitoring.

So far I like em! I am getting a nice reading on the top 6 inches of soil. Temp and humidity seem to be matching up to what the AC Infinity controller is saying.
As for the metere themselves. I am not a fan of the red light on top of them Some electrical tape had to happen. I did sink the Irrometer all the way in. Giving me a nice camparison. I need to figure out how to read the Irromter's pressure as a moisture percentage.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I’ve read mixed reviews on that style of sensor so I’d definitely like to know what your thoughts are once you’ve been using them for awhile.
Month in and I love em. They have actually got me watering more and this looks to be a solid yield on these. Ive been recomending them to people who are running a "no till" style. Obviously if you can pick up your pot these are unneccesary imo. But for large volume containers I think they are worth the $50 for the wifi gateway/sensor kit and then 20 bucks a sensor after that. They are cost effective.