Easy Guys! Starting new run with Heisens GG4 and Stardawg! Any Help and Advice Please!

Hi guys im about to start running Heisens GG4 and Stardawg seeds in the same room and was wondering if you guys can help me out and point me in the right direction with regards to some questions I have (below) so I can get this run the best I can and hopefully find some killer phenos and do a grow diary and post this stuff out on the forum for others to see some great results.

I have not had any experience in growing these elite strains before but I have done a few runs with seeds from barneys farm etc with adequate results.

SYSTEM
My system is a top feed dripper system and will be running this drain to waste with Canna 70/30 coco perlite mix and final pots will be 5 gallon air pots. Will be using Coco Cal Mag, A+B nutes, Silicone, and some Bloom Booster in flower. I have sufficient air flow equipment in and out of the room and can maintain adequate environment figures during all stages. Always do approx 20% run off on each feed and try to reduce humidity down to approx 30% in late flower (weeks 6-8)

I am running 750W DE HPS adjust a wing lamps which are dimmable to 400, 600 and 750. I have air stones in my reservoir for increased dissolved oxygen on timers. Water temps when feeding are always around 18-20 degrees. No supplementation CO2.

QUESTIONS I HAVE

1. Are 5 gallon air pots to big? Or can I reduce these down to say half the size? I normally keep the seedlings in solo cups for about 14 days if growing healthy and pot up to final pots not in between so I only transplant once.

2. NUTRIENTS – what do you recommend for nute ranges to be in my setup during seedling, veg and flower stages in PPM’s or EC? For the GG4 and Stardawg

3. From your experience with these girls are they heavy feeders? Prone to deficiencies etc? anything I have to watch out for? Like potential Cal Mag issues

4. Do you think I have to feed Cal Mag in coco perlite mix all the way through until flush? That’s what ive been lead to believe so far from reading on coco feeds. On my last run I cut out Cal mag 2 weeks into flower and ended up with real airy and loose buds with the Critical Kush even though I followed the coco feed chart which advised to cut out the CalMAG – I DO NOT WANT LOOSE AIRY BUDS! Lol!

5. What wattage of light would you recommended with the double ended HPS I have during veg and flower? I cover a 1 x 1.5m area (3ft x 5ft) with each light with the wings on full spread and I have x 6 5 gallon pots under each light.

6. im planning to top twice and veg for around 4 weeks with LST possibly super cropping depending on the stretch. My last run I leaf stripped 48 hours before flipping and then lolly popped around week 3 into flower, I was left with shit loads leaf and thin stems from the bottom and hate the idea of growing the plant out so much and then having to strip so much…seems like a real waste of time.

In your experience what do you think is the best method you have used and which has worked for you which wont stress the plants out much and doesn’t compromise much on yield or quality?

I know this a long one, but I really want to get this run right to the best of my abilities and some experienced knowledge would be of great help to nail this run so I really appreciate you giving your time to read this

I hope you can point me in the right direction with my questions and anything else im missing (which I know I am ! lol!)

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see youve started a thread. You'll find it so helpful and fun to document your grows. Lots of folks to help ya if you run into troubles.
If your going to be doing pheno hunt I wouldn't do a scrog or any of that. Not unless you had a huge amount of grow space anyways.
I'd do lots of smaller plants so there's a larger pool to select from. And I'd only veg them for 4 weeks, and or start them in 12/12 for faster flowering results in the pheno hunt.
Then you'd need the room to flower them all while keeping clones of them all until after harvest analysis for deciding who the keepers are.
Then you could do the scrogging, etc with your new found lady, or ladies.
Just my two cents. Lol, 😎😎😎
Thanks man for your info. Makes sense what you said. I guess this means i would have to keep the clones approx 10 weeks until harvest for the donors. Thats gunna be a big ask! they will be massive in 10 weeks. Would need a sep space for them with ventilation etc.

Waiting on some new equipment now to get this run started.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The GG4 grows tall. I flipped mine small (8 inches) and we are at 40 inches above the pot and the stretch is over. Flip them small unless you have height in your space.

I had to supercrop a bit to tame the height and she rebounded great. Some of them were broken and repaired etc and it came back with fury each time.

Purple punch was equally robust and could handle abuse as well.

The GG4 grows tall. I flipped mine small (8 inches) and we are at 40 inches above the pot and the stretch is over. Flip them small unless you have height in your space.

I had to supercrop a bit to tame the height and she rebounded great. Some of them were broken and repaired etc and it came back with fury each time.

Purple punch was equally robust and could handle abuse as well.
Thank for the heads up man. Il keep an eye for the stretch. What strength nutes have you been feeding the GG4? veg and flower? any special attention needed?

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Thank for the heads up man. Il keep an eye for the stretch. What strength nutes have you been feeding the GG4? veg and flower? any special attention needed?
Welcome to the forum Frosty Green!
No real experience with the SD, but feeding more N in veg with the Glue is recommended. As mentioned...the stretch is insane with her. If you dont feed good in veg, and try using bloom nutes before the stretch is done she will "stall out" and go yellow in flower about week 6. Im in hydro and start feed about 500ppm at flip. By last week of flower Im dialing down from 750-800ppm with fresh water top offs. Thats starting with MegaCrop (base approx 500ppm @3.5g per gal.), Ca/Mg (2ml per gal.) throughout and Humboldt's "Ginormous" (3ml per gal.) 0-18-16 bloom booster in weeks 4-7 in a hydroponic F&D setup. These are just references as your plant will "tell" you what it wants/needs as it matures.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
gg4 stinks really bad unless you get the creamy bubble gum with hints of fuel that smells so wonderful

I been doing my gg4 ass backwards raising temps to 84 at night during the first 7 days after flip then lower 2 degree per night until desired flowering temps

I don’t like chemicals to stop vertical grow and if you let temps fall to low 70 high 60,s during late veg or Early flower it stretches like nothing I have seen before

Hi guys im about to start running Heisens GG4 and Stardawg seeds in the same room and was wondering if you guys can help me out and point me in the right direction with regards to some questions I have (below) so I can get this run the best I can and hopefully find some killer phenos and do a grow diary and post this stuff out on the forum for others to see some great results.

I have not had any experience in growing these elite strains before but I have done a few runs with seeds from barneys farm etc with adequate results.

SYSTEM
My system is a top feed dripper system and will be running this drain to waste with Canna 70/30 coco perlite mix and final pots will be 5 gallon air pots. Will be using Coco Cal Mag, A+B nutes, Silicone, and some Bloom Booster in flower. I have sufficient air flow equipment in and out of the room and can maintain adequate environment figures during all stages. Always do approx 20% run off on each feed and try to reduce humidity down to approx 30% in late flower (weeks 6-8)

I am running 750W DE HPS adjust a wing lamps which are dimmable to 400, 600 and 750. I have air stones in my reservoir for increased dissolved oxygen on timers. Water temps when feeding are always around 18-20 degrees. No supplementation CO2.

QUESTIONS I HAVE

1. Are 5 gallon air pots to big? Or can I reduce these down to say half the size? I normally keep the seedlings in solo cups for about 14 days if growing healthy and pot up to final pots not in between so I only transplant once.

2. NUTRIENTS – what do you recommend for nute ranges to be in my setup during seedling, veg and flower stages in PPM’s or EC? For the GG4 and Stardawg

3. From your experience with these girls are they heavy feeders? Prone to deficiencies etc? anything I have to watch out for? Like potential Cal Mag issues

4. Do you think I have to feed Cal Mag in coco perlite mix all the way through until flush? That’s what ive been lead to believe so far from reading on coco feeds. On my last run I cut out Cal mag 2 weeks into flower and ended up with real airy and loose buds with the Critical Kush even though I followed the coco feed chart which advised to cut out the CalMAG – I DO NOT WANT LOOSE AIRY BUDS! Lol!

5. What wattage of light would you recommended with the double ended HPS I have during veg and flower? I cover a 1 x 1.5m area (3ft x 5ft) with each light with the wings on full spread and I have x 6 5 gallon pots under each light.

6. im planning to top twice and veg for around 4 weeks with LST possibly super cropping depending on the stretch. My last run I leaf stripped 48 hours before flipping and then lolly popped around week 3 into flower, I was left with shit loads leaf and thin stems from the bottom and hate the idea of growing the plant out so much and then having to strip so much…seems like a real waste of time.

In your experience what do you think is the best method you have used and which has worked for you which wont stress the plants out much and doesn’t compromise much on yield or quality?

I know this a long one, but I really want to get this run right to the best of my abilities and some experienced knowledge would be of great help to nail this run so I really appreciate you giving your time to read this

I hope you can point me in the right direction with my questions and anything else im missing (which I know I am ! lol!)

Thanks in Advance
I,v not ran any of Heisens gg4 s1 but I v ran gg4 s1 from other breeders but it's the same genetics so u should get similar results.i ran a few gg4 s1 alongside the gg4 clone itself and I got pheno,s I preferred over the actual clone so I'm 100% certain your going to realise you,v hit a new level of quality dankness compared to what your used too with barneys farms offerings.
Looking forward to seeing you nail this grow.