Drying with lights in to manage humidity?

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I dont know if you have central air or a a/c unit in the room. BUT if you have central air, I once partially shut all the vents that was anywhere near the thermostat. That allowed the thermostat to be deceived and it worked harder and allowed more air to get forced into the grow room. That extra air allowed my AC to drop my humidity while still leaving the rest of the house habitable.
Colder air is denser air. Grab a hisense from lowes. Throw a warrenty on it and never look back .

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I just wanted to update this to let you all know that this seemed to work totally fine. I was really nervous while I was away that the plants were going to smell grassy when I got back home from my trip, or they were going to dry out too quickly, but neither issue happened. They've been curing for 2 weeks now, I've given both strains a smoke test, and so far everyone who's tried them loves how both turned out. The Dynoberry Bites is absolutely amazing.

Not Given

Has chucked
I cant buy a dehumidifier at all till next week, the humidity and temperature is spiking way up in my house cuz the house has weak HVAC and no insulation, So I'm praying for better weather. When I woke this morning there was condensation on the outside of all the windows, i duno if there something broke on my AC it wont keep up :(

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I cant buy a dehumidifier at all till next week, the humidity and temperature is spiking way up in my house cuz the house has weak HVAC and no insulation, So I'm praying for better weather. When I woke this morning there was condensation on the outside of all the windows, i duno if there something broke on my AC it wont keep up :(
If you have condensation on the inside of your windows then something isn’t right with the AC.

Not Given

Has chucked
If you have condensation on the inside of your windows then something isn’t right with the AC.
It was on the outside of the window, the overnight temp dropped below my house temp.
But I do think something is not right with my AC
I just moved drying into the hot water closet, very dry there so I hope I have a handle on it. Temp is quite low too if I turn off the Hot water tank.

Not Given

Has chucked
Oh, then I wouldn’t worry about that. That just means the humidity outside is at an 11
It seems my AC condenser froze up and and was wreaking havoc! I'm talking mold danger. I had to rest my AC, then restart and raise the temp in order to get it to function. Now I can slowly reduce the temp again, it thawed and is working. This is just an old house.
I also moved my drying plant into a smaller more dryer closet that should finish the drying nicely.