Drying trim?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I fresh freeze it for ice hash but lately i have been dry trimming and using a trim bin.

IT carches the good stuff and i smash all that stuff through the screen....then i run it through my kief screens later or just fill a bong and let it rip.

I prefer ice hash. And it is getting warmer out . I hate freezing my hands off but the bubble is worth it...and i use a washer i just always get my hands involved...watch Frenchie...he does too.

If i can build a bigger washer though...i will always fresh freeze trim and make bubble. Because the end product..you cant tell if it came from trim or top shelf buds...the yield is different but its effect is stellar.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I fresh freeze it for ice hash but lately i have been dry trimming and using a trim bin.

IT carches the good stuff and i smash all that stuff through the screen....then i run it through my kief screens later or just fill a bong and let it rip.

I prefer ice hash. And it is getting warmer out . I hate freezing my hands off but the bubble is worth it...and i use a washer i just always get my hands involved...watch Frenchie...he does too.

If i can build a bigger washer though...i will always fresh freeze trim and make bubble. Because the end product..you cant tell if it came from trim or top shelf buds...the yield is different but its effect is stellar.
Def wanna try some live . Just trim it right away and put into the freezer?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I do that, all my fresh bud trim right into the freezer, and then run it through bubble bags when i have a bunch....ice water hash with a washing machine...but originally i did it with a spoon and 5 gallon buckets.

And then an oar.. and then i loved it so much i got a 5 gallon washing machine.

I think Hash is the best concentrate but...when you make fresh rosin the terps and flavor are better by a lot

Purple Betty is pure blueberry pie...everything tastes like pie.

Purple Primate tasted like lemon meringue

I have to try some Albino Boogieman soon.

maybe i love pie.

Dry bud hash or dry shake i think is a little easier because it dries a lot faster...the risk of mold or having to shave it is mitigated.

I chop it with a razor and leave it on the mantel a week and then its good to keep FOREVER...or until you smoke it all.

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I cringe when I think about what it was like hand stirring. 60 dollar Della washing machine on Amazon and my life changed. Now I'm going to have to get a freeze dryer. It's the logical next step in the evolution of hash making. My wife just shake's her head and smiles. God, how I love this woman!!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If I am doing dry-sift I just spread it on dehydrator trays and put it on no-heat. Freezer immediately for bubble hash.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am glad to have such a dry area or something i dont need the freeze dryer !...but i will get one.

Maybe i can make instant coffee or space food on the side ! all infused with weed. Spaced Capsules.

Frankenfunny right there :D

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I cringe when I think about what it was like hand stirring. 60 dollar Della washing machine on Amazon and my life changed. Now I'm going to have to get a freeze dryer. It's the logical next step in the evolution of hash making. My wife just shake's her head and smiles. God, how I love this woman!!
I have a stick blender for drinks that has a whisk attachment (doesn't grab mesh) Small batches in one-gallon all-mesh bags. Takes longer but I'm retired, and it DAMN sure isn't as messy. I also keep a garden sprayer full of ice-water for rinsing.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I was using big paper bags then using that to make dry ice hash. Getting a freeze dryer would be tits but that's a little far in the future for me. I travel alot so I try and travel light. A washer for bubble though... gonna have to check some action out. Seemed like alot of work but if the end result is that much better and I can just use fresh trim I think I may be sold.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I was using big paper bags then using that to make dry ice hash. Getting a freeze dryer would be tits but that's a little far in the future for me. I travel alot so I try and travel light. A washer for bubble though... gonna have to check some action out. Seemed like alot of work but if the end result is that much better and I can just use fresh trim I think I may be sold.
Heres my last dry ice pile. I just use a 70 micron silk screen from a craft store on the end of a quart ball jar. Drop in material, drop in dry ice, & shake it like a big salt shaker. I used to use different sized screens and make different grades in piles. But anymore i just do the 70 micron. I bought a peice of plexiglass to shake that gold dust on. Works good enough for me. I usually get a 1/4 of good stuff from bout a oz of trim..
That water hash is prolly more terpy but the dry ice is SO easy.. 1209182153.jpg1209182153.jpg

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
usually it’ll get run into bho/live resin immediately. Then I’ll stick the rest into a mason jar with the lid upside down on top for about a week. After that i seal the jar and store until I need to make more

I have frozen trim and whole plants before but I feel like the cured trim Is more potent. While the fresh frozen or live resin tends to have more terps.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Live resin would be ideal. Someday... till now looks like I had it all about figured out. Sometimes you get that guy that has an different idea that kills it and steps your game up. Gotta look into sifting more. Couldn't find many videos of it actually going down. Full melt is also on the future goal list.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I have a table with black and white polly taped to the table...black side up.
I have a 3x3 frame with screen on it on both sides of the frame.
I leave trim on it to dry...no big fan leaves though.
I also trim my buds off the stock on that frame.
When all done harvest and drying I take the frame off and have a ton of what I call fairy dust lol
You be surprised on what you get doing that.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
So not drying trim but to save thread space does anyone cure in 1/2 gallon jars. Are they dense to allow proper air exchange ?