Drying Tent Setup Video

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Howdy all,

Here's a (poorly narrated) short video on my drying tent setup using an Inkbird Humidity Controller IHC200 Humidistat, a 6" blower with filter, and three 4" fans inside a Mars Hydro 5 x 5 tent. The tent is set up in a larger room set to 62 degrees F, with 3 small dehumidifiers set to 40% humidity The Inkbird controller probe hangs in the tent nestled among the buds ( but not touching), which triggers the 6" blower on when it hits 51% - this blows the 40% humidity air into the tent until it falls back to 50%.

Using the dehumidifiers inside the tent, controlled by the Inkbird, does not work well - it's too small of a space and the dehumidifier will cycle too often. The problem is that when these types of home dehumidifiers run, there is a considerable time delay between when they start blowing air and when they actually start blowing DRY air out, making the humidity level fluctuate between 45 and 61 %. Still probably acceptable, but I the method of using the Inkbird to control the blower provides tighter control.

This setup is keeping the humidity between 48 and 52 as it cycles.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Awesome setup!
Is that only for drying or did they grow in there too?

Do you have any regiment after each dry like sanitizing after a run?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I'm picking up all kinds of gems here. From your setup to fucking cedar wardrobes.

Thank you for sharing. You guys keep raising the bar for me to achieve that connoisseur gradeswedish_chef.jpg

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
UPDATE : So it's dry now, after 10 days. The temperature was kept below 62 degrees F for the whole dry, which preserves the terpenes very well while eliminating a great deal of the odor you would get at higher temperatures. I went with 45% humidity on day 1 and 2, 47% on days 3 and 4, 50% on 5 and 6, 55% for days 7, 8, and 9, and then 50% on day 10 before being checked and put into Grove bags for curing.

Dry 47g Lemon Pie Cola:

Dried Cola March 28 DSC01063.jpg

I had read about using this type of low temp drying ( they didn't disclose their humidity strategy) in this article, which is worth a read:

Happy Drying and Curing!

“We try to not let anything heat up so we have terpene preservation throughout the entire ‘Cold Train,’” Allen says, adding they keep the temperature below 62°F. “If you’re able to smell the cannabis product, those are terpenes leaving the product itself, so the goal is to keep it cold and controlled and not handle the product very much.”

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Howdy all,

Here's a (poorly narrated) short video on my drying tent setup using an Inkbird Humidity Controller IHC200 Humidistat, a 6" blower with filter, and three 4" fans inside a Mars Hydro 5 x 5 tent. The tent is set up in a larger room set to 62 degrees F, with 3 small dehumidifiers set to 40% humidity The Inkbird controller probe hangs in the tent nestled among the buds ( but not touching), which triggers the 6" blower on when it hits 51% - this blows the 40% humidity air into the tent until it falls back to 50%.

Using the dehumidifiers inside the tent, controlled by the Inkbird, does not work well - it's too small of a space and the dehumidifier will cycle too often. The problem is that when these types of home dehumidifiers run, there is a considerable time delay between when they start blowing air and when they actually start blowing DRY air out, making the humidity level fluctuate between 45 and 61 %. Still probably acceptable, but I the method of using the Inkbird to control the blower provides tighter control.

This setup is keeping the humidity between 48 and 52 as it cycles.

Very nice man

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Very nice man
Thanks! I was a little spooked about mold using such a low temperature, but I guess as long as everything is clean, you don't have any hidden bud mold, and use a filter for the incoming air, it should work good. Could hardly even smell it, which is not the case at all when I dry at 74 or so.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Thanks! I was a little spooked about mold using such a low temperature, but I guess as long as everything is clean, you don't have any hidden bud mold, and use a filter for the incoming air, it should work good. Could hardly even smell it, which is not the case at all when I dry at 74 or so.
Its all.about the humidity. Humidty will mold some shit up quick.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Mold actually likes the warmer tems - 👆 - what he said...

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Its all.about the humidity. Humidty will mold some shit up quick.
For sure. I think the trick is finding the right "humidity curve" - what percentage you start at, if you ramp up or down, and how much air you have moving around is also going to affect the dry quite a bit. This tent was pretty packed with buds, so I kept the sir moving in good shape the first few days, then backed off.