Dry & cure method for those who hate to trim

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Never would have guessed it wasn't your native language! I'm with @Capt C on this one. I thought you were dunking buds in a bucket of water before hanging them. Lol. I'll admit I was pretty high when I read it though.
That is what i was thinking as well. LOL. I have tried the bud washing as well. I just did not think it was worth chancing mold. If i were growing outside and had to use a lot of sprays i think i would try it again. Some folks seem to swear by it. Those buds are pretty water repellent as well.

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
I've only heard of that once and it was from a guy I didn't really trust. Truthfully I thought he was outta his mind but after making hash a time or two I can see where it might get the "green" out. Care to tell us about it?
Well man it was about cleaning the buds for me. 2 buckets. One with h20+h202 and one with clean cool water. I guess there is another bucket in the original post i read about this technique but it was a while ago. That bucket had lemon juice and baking soda i think. I haven’t really used it.

So i dunked them into h202 added bucket and gave a good stir then into cold water and a good stir in there too. Then hung it as whole. Leaves a bit of sticky trichomes on the bottom of the bucket but also some dust and hair and stuff floating on the top. And it may very well add a couple more days to the hang time.

Streetpro09

Tester
Well man it was about cleaning the buds for me. 2 buckets. One with h20+h202 and one with clean cool water. I guess there is another bucket in the original post i read about this technique but it was a while ago. That bucket had lemon juice and baking soda i think. I haven’t really used it.

So i dunked them into h202 added bucket and gave a good stir then into cold water and a good stir in there too. Then hung it as whole. Leaves a bit of sticky trichomes on the bottom of the bucket but also some dust and hair and stuff floating on the top. And it may very well add a couple more days to the hang time.
OK that's a little different than my guy was saying if I remember correctly. My guy said something about washing buds to get the chlorophyll out faster so you could smoke the buds sooner? Idk sounded weird at the time and like I said I didn't really trust him.

Now washing for pesticides or just to clean outdoor buds makes sense cause I suppose you don't know what's in the rain.

crimsonecho

OK that's a little different than my guy was saying if I remember correctly. My guy said something about washing buds to get the chlorophyll out faster so you could smoke the buds sooner? Idk sounded weird at the time and like I said I didn't really trust him.

Now washing for pesticides or just to clean outdoor buds makes sense cause I suppose you don't know what's in the rain.
Ah thats something like water curing then. You can water cure the buds to get all the chlorophyll out but i heard the process also strips all the terpenes too and you need distiled water or ro for that if i remember correctly.

I guess it makes the weed super stealthy and the material looks more like tobacco or something after water curing. But its not a simple wash. I think it takes 7 days and you change the water everyday. Never done it myself.

Streetpro09

Tester
Ah thats something like water curing then. You can water cure the buds to get all the chlorophyll out but i heard the process also strips all the terpenes too and you need distiled water or ro for that if i remember correctly.

I guess it makes the weed super stealthy and the material looks more like tobacco or something after water curing. But its not a simple wash. I think it takes 7 days and you change the water everyday. Never done it myself.
Now that's what he was taking about! Haven't heard anything about water curing in all the reading n research I've done in the last year.

That makes sense though if it strips the terps. No one now a days would wanna do that. Expecially with it being legal most places.

crimsonecho

Now that's what he was taking about! Haven't heard anything about water curing in all the reading n research I've done in the last year.

That makes sense though if it strips the terps. No one now a days would wanna do that. Expecially with it being legal most places.
Yeah definitely a personal choice. I personally smoke for flavor so its not something i’d do but you know its still illegal in lots of countries. So its defintiely an option for some.

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
Yeah man there is a bit of a language barrier. Eventho my english is pretty much awesome i’m not a native speaker so it may not be your fault hahhaah.
I used to have to explain this to my x all the time...I speak Spanish fluently...you might not even know from behind a curtain that I am a white guy...but when we would argue or talk excitedly...that fluent shit goes out the window...lol...but seriously...I still find myself interpreting back n forth between English and Spanish in my mind at times and that is where things get mixed up or lost in translation...some things just do not make sense when translating that someone familiar with the intricacies of the language understand what is implied.
On the other hand...I had not noticed in your writing or train of thought that you were not a native English speaker.

crimsonecho

I used to have to explain this to my x all the time...I speak Spanish fluently...you might not even know from behind a curtain that I am a white guy...but when we would argue or talk excitedly...that fluent shit goes out the window...lol...but seriously...I still find myself interpreting back n forth between English and Spanish in my mind at times and that is where things get mixed up or lost in translation...some things just do not make sense when translating that someone familiar with the intricacies of the language understand what is implied.
On the other hand...I had not noticed in your writing or train of thought that you were not a native English speaker.
Yeah? Thanks. I guess you gotta flip a switch and start constructing your thoughts in the language you are supposed to communicate with and having a good grasp on the cultural aspects of that language helps too. Thats kinda what happened to me, i’m sure you experienced a similar feeling. Its like achieving nirvana. Dead silence and all the puzzle pieces just clicks in that silence and boom, you got a second language. Hahaha.

I gotta say, i have the slightest accent of course because without much practice you cannot make it perfect, the physical limitations is there with the movements of the tongue and the mouth and getting adjusted to using it in a completely different manner takes some time and practice, but i can have a heated argument with my loved ones if need be. Lol.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks for sharing Capt. I'm always afraid of that grassy smell taking over but I might try this if it reduces the chances for that as well.
Just stay on top of it your first try or two. If using this method you may want to do a final trim to clean them up if they are going out the door. My first attempt i dried mine a little to quick but after that it has been working well.

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Funny, sad and true story...I have a buddy that grows his own gear but he has zero patience. This guy cuts the plants, trims off the fan leaves and slow bakes his budz in a low temp oven. He gave me some of his baked gear and it literally disintegrated into dust when I pinched it. I literally could not stop laughing my ass off. Needless to say he doesn't share his budz with me anymore..

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
36 buckets x 2 lb ea = 72 lbs?? LMAO 😂
Thanks for sharing. He had me until the boveda part, I'm trying to get away from having to use those, I've had questionable results from them before.
@Main Cola check this out, they look like the lids you use I believe.
Yes those are the lids I use and they were great

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
36 buckets x 2 lb ea = 72 lbs?? LMAO 😂
Thanks for sharing. He had me until the boveda part, I'm trying to get away from having to use those, I've had questionable results from them before.
@Main Cola check this out, they look like the lids you use I believe.
Wish we could get some unbiased study studies on those things. Some people love them and others not so much. What are your thoughts on them @spyralout . I have kinda gotten away from them myself.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Wish we could get some unbiased study studies on those things. Some people love them and others not so much. What are your thoughts on them @spyralout . I have kinda gotten away from them myself.
It was hit and miss for me. When new, they kept the bud in a moist and bendy state. I never really got a proper cure from them. They were air dried by branch for about 5 days indoors beforehand. Stems were not snap dry, I've found that it is too dry at that point. Also the jars with boveda gave the buds a weird taste. Not overpowering but it wasn't quite right whatever it was. I can see them being good for "salvaging" overdry buds from becoming dust but at that point no cure is happening anyway. After a few tries I decided to ditch them. I see them as a crutch of sorts and before boveda people were curing buds no problem. I'd rather try putting time into a "pure cure" vs a "crutch cure." Not a knock on the method in this video or towards anyone using boveda. If I was able to get them to work for me I would probably still be using them.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
It was hit and miss for me. When new, they kept the bud in a moist and bendy state. I never really got a proper cure from them. They were air dried by branch for about 5 days indoors beforehand. Stems were not snap dry, I've found that it is too dry at that point. Also the jars with boveda gave the buds a weird taste. Not overpowering but it wasn't quite right whatever it was. I can see them being good for "salvaging" overdry buds from becoming dust but at that point no cure is happening anyway. After a few tries I decided to ditch them. I see them as a crutch of sorts and before boveda people were curing buds no problem. I'd rather try putting time into a "pure cure" vs a "crutch cure." Not a knock on the method in this video or towards anyone using boveda. If I was able to get them to work for me I would probably still be using them.
I wonder if a humidity meter that would turn on the air pump if over 62% would help with the set up? Works just like the temp meter that turns on and off with a set temp for aquariumns.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I wonder if a humidity meter that would turn on the air pump if over 62% would help with the set up? Works just like the temp meter that turns on and off with a set temp for aquariumns.
Sounds like it would. It's a cool setup, just the boveda part sounds unnecessary if it's all working correctly. Seems like it would defeat the purpose after a while.