Does this look like mold?

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Have you had any rain or sprinkler get your girls wet? Not uncommon for the exterior of the bud to look good but next to them stem is moldy, the outside dries but the heavy stem holds the moisture like a wick! Bud worms can also cause similar issues but you typically see their droppings little black dots that look a lot like coffee grounds you normally see yellow sugar leafs that pull out easily, I just chopped some auto plants that had both issues last rain was well over a week before harvest, thank goodness only lost 3 buds

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
This was grown indoors and that image is right after I took it off the stem from hanging.
Unfortunately it’s in a basement and I have a few dehumidifiers but I don’t think they were enough for the end of flowering. My drying temp and humidity were about 65 and 60 which I lowered to 55 after a couple days. Out 12 plants this was the only one so far🤞

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
This was grown indoors and that image is right after I took it off the stem from hanging.
Unfortunately it’s in a basement and I have a few dehumidifiers but I don’t think they were enough for the end of flowering. My drying temp and humidity were about 65 and 60 which I lowered to 55 after a couple days. Out 12 plants this was the only one so far🤞
Gotcha! I wish you luck that you have no more it's such a bummer way to loose good bud..

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Just hanging in an empty (or emptied) bedroom closet would be better than most basements. If you have a finished, climate controlled one that's different but the climate control is the key in the house. Closets don't seal well, the bedroom they are in is usually air conditioned, and opening it once or twice a day to check on it moves some new air in like burping the closet.

I mention this because I have some culled plants hanging to dry for feeding to worms. Since they weren't priority the are just hanging in a closet instead of in my handy dandy drying set-up - and they are drying perfectly :rolleyes:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you have to use the basement, set up something in the basement like a refrigerator box or a tent so you can have a small climate controlled area in the basement. Add vents and a fan or whatever, but a small space you can monitor and control easier. Temp fluctuations in the otherwise perfect humidity can grow mold.

Definitely bud rot. Cut it off wherever it is and hope it doesn't spread my friend. Happens to alot of the new polyhybrids people are trying to grow up here in Maine. Gotta adapt and overcome.

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Just a general thought now that guys have to be extra keen on vpd with LED... how hi was it in the room prior to chop? Never had it however i run 1 ml bullet proof si to prevent... lucky its only one...

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
It’s crazy how it looks perfect on the outside. I must have not had my humidity low enough in the last couple weeks of flower for the larger colas o_O
Sometimes that can happen on very dense strains as well, prop theses types open with tooth picks if you’re worried in later weeks. Dehueys help, so do bio air filters. Make sure you have air movement above and below your canopy.