Does cannabis race your heart?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
That i should agree with, my blood pressure, along with my heart rate, dropped after i started using cannabis regularly. Its now in the supposedly healthy region. Thats another bonus.

And definitely stop tobacco and alcohol usage and you’ll be healthier than ever vaping or ingesting and living high for the rest of your life. I only stopped the one but i still enjoy tobacco. Its gonna go in the near future.
I have high blood pressure as well. Consuming seems to lower my BP most of the time. That cracks my BP doctor up. He is like as far as i see keep on puffin seems to do you good. I said i will give it my best shot.LOL

Cenk Uygur

Maybe a good sativa can make one's heart race. I've found that having a tolerance means a lot. If you don't drink coffee everyday, chances are that you will be more easily affected by it. Beginners or people that haven't smoked in awhile should aim for a hybrid that leans closer to an indica (imho). A pure indica will probably knock them out

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Many sats are heart racers, been my experience if they use the words energy weed, daytime weed, etc, you run the risk of an anxeity sat. I also notice today on Rick Simpson's site he recommends indica only in his RSO, so there's that. But even with a heavy tolerance, people with anxiety probs will notice those sats a lot quicker than people that don't have anxiety issues. Tolerance or not. Somebody been smokin 40 yrs and I can feel a daytime energy terp buzz in the first puff or two, lmfao. Im a couchlock pain guy, no need for energy daytime, hiking weed.

D

Deleted member 60

As someone with A-Fib, I recognize what makes my heart go and what doesnt. Its usually premature weed (picked prior to optimim potency) and most dabs/vapes/etc that can send me into A-Fib. I stay away from pretty much everything except for flowers and some bubble hash now for this exact reason.
Yikes Red...hope you have that shit under control. My wife experienced this shit (officially) starting last October...though I suspect it's been goin on undetected for quite some time. Tons of tests.....really put the insurance to the test...LOL. 3 sleep studies. Seems apnea walks hand in hand for many in this realm. Startin to get things under good control though.... hope you can say the same thing

Hash sent her into a-fib before she went on the big X. Seems to have subsided in effect now though.

so much fun to get old...huh?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have found that edibles made with slightly early sat hybrids (jackherer/trainwreck) produce an edible that is very jacked up. It is like the espresso of the edible kingdom.
They can be very tricky because once you eat it you are along for the ride until it subsides.
That is a long jackrabbit heart experience in too large a dose. But a small piece of fudge gets the grass cut and stuff fixed around the house.

D

Deleted member 60

Lucky you. Edibles are a waste of time here. I did get a slight effect @ 500mg....but it wasn't that great of an effect, IMO. Kinda like ridin in the car all day and getting out and still feelin like yer movin...

And that taste @ that level. Woah. Makes the hair stand up on my neck it's so nasty....heehee. Wow.

With the heart issue...the wife doesn't eat em either., Like you say..if shit gets wild...there's no turning back.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
only took one sleep study for me, lol, I was quittin breathin like 40 times in an hour. I knew I wasn't sleepin right, but when they told me that, I said bring on that cpap full mask, I'll get used to it, dont' want no heart attack. I have to wonder sometimes, with the meth so rampant, those younger folks wanting that energy weed, lol, if its not to compensate for something else they were or are doing. First thing I think of when I hear folks saying they want that daytime weed, that energy weed, couchlock too strong, etc. Again, as Rick Simpson claims, you supposed to make RSO out of indica flowers only, must be a reason for that too. jmho

D

Deleted member 60

Hers is "central"....not "obstructive" apnea. 60 episodes per hour! CPAP/BiPAP didn't do it. Headin to the ASV as soon as the paperwork/bullshit clears. That machine took her to 0 episodes...so we are hopeful that maybe the Xarelto will go bye-bye and things will return to a more normal mode. We will see. Ah...so much fun.

Growin up on those Mexi sats....I'm not a fan anymore. I'm high strung enough.... Knock my ass down!

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Hers is "central"....not "obstructive" apnea. 60 episodes per hour! CPAP/BiPAP didn't do it. Headin to the ASV as soon as the paperwork/bullshit clears. That machine took her to 0 episodes...so we are hopeful that maybe the Xarelto will go bye-bye and things will return to a more normal mode. We will see. Ah...so much fun.

Growin up on those Mexi sats....I'm not a fan anymore. I'm high strung enough.... Knock my ass down!
First thing they did for me was put me on Xarelto and Sotalol. The Sotalol has actually been working and keeping it "sorta" in check. Mine wasnt remedied by a CPAP either because mine is due to irregular valves/ventricles and complications after having Congestive Heart Failure about 10 yrs ago. Not that I didnt have Apnea also, but the mask didnt work for me either. Best wishes for your wife.

D

Deleted member 60

They originally put my wife on Metroprolol (sp?) and a daily baby aspirin. We both got the flu in wicked mode in January...and that caused the meds to fail and she had a TIA.....fortunately...with no lasting effects. She then had every test known to mankind...and ended up on the X and sleep studies cus they thought it was a heavy contributor to the a-fib. Months of fuckin around with this/that....and now we're hopeful that the ASV will set things right. It's all so much fun though...... not.

Hope things continue to go well for ya.......... thanks for the input

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
They originally put my wife on Metroprolol (sp?) and a daily baby aspirin. We both got the flu in wicked mode in January...and that caused the meds to fail and she had a TIA.....fortunately...with no lasting effects. She then had every test known to mankind...and ended up on the X and sleep studies cus they thought it was a heavy contributor to the a-fib. Months of fuckin around with this/that....and now we're hopeful that the ASV will set things right. It's all so much fun though...... not.

Hope things continue to go well for ya.......... thanks for the input
I've heard a lot of success stories from the ASV/remedy of the Apnea. I hope she can find lasting relief.