Does cannabis race your heart?

420SOS

I'm editing an article on the topic and I realized I had never paid more attention to it.

Do certain strains make your heart beat faster than others? I'm a mess with my stash, I have indicas all mixed up with sativas and hybrids so I wouldn't know.

Some people say that cannabis has never ever made them feel that way but I think that's a little far fetched. I could be wrong, I certainly have felt it at times

jpcyan

Really Active Member
yup. not every strain, but many do. I've seen 3 or 4 experienced smokers dropped ( almost seizure like) from one variety our circle has had for yrs. (Nl/durban)
I like me some CBD in there, to mellow that heart pounding feeling.
Ofc inhaling and holding smoke of any kind will increase your heart rate physically, some just dont notice it.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm editing an article on the topic and I realized I had never paid more attention to it.

Do certain strains make your heart beat faster than others? I'm a mess with my stash, I have indicas all mixed up with sativas and hybrids so I wouldn't know.

Some people say that cannabis has never ever made them feel that way but I think that's a little far fetched. I could be wrong, I certainly have felt it at times
As someone with A-Fib, I recognize what makes my heart go and what doesnt. Its usually premature weed (picked prior to optimim potency) and most dabs/vapes/etc that can send me into A-Fib. I stay away from pretty much everything except for flowers and some bubble hash now for this exact reason.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
yep, certain strains pulled early, many sat dom hybrids or straight sats. Im glad I didn't get on the vapes or carts with what they are finding they are made out of or what's actually in the oil itself, in an unregulated industry. But Im an anxiety guy anyway, love the strong stuff, but got to be a hybrid or indica dom or close. Worst I ever had was a canadian clone only called Krush. Not DJ's not anyones, and the descriptor was an afghan sativa. No shit. Took smokin on bout a half oz lil bit at a time to finally figure out I wasn't having spells, it was the herb. Well grown, not clear trichs, just the genetics. But break you out in sweats, heart poundin, exact replica of an anxiety attack, lol. I too only will smoke flowers or bubble.

420SOS

Some sativa will really jack rabbit your heart. It all depends on strain and how it effects you.

That Malawi X Panama from Ace was very hyper. A lot of sativas are hyper like that. It is the best for a wake and bake to get shit done.
Oh yeah sativas are wake and bake material for sure, haven't tried that Malawi but I have heard its like eating pure sugar

420SOS

As someone with A-Fib, I recognize what makes my heart go and what doesnt. Its usually premature weed (picked prior to optimim potency) and most dabs/vapes/etc that can send me into A-Fib. I stay away from pretty much everything except for flowers and some bubble hash now for this exact reason.
Must have been wild figuring out what you could do or not!

420SOS

yep, certain strains pulled early, many sat dom hybrids or straight sats. Im glad I didn't get on the vapes or carts with what they are finding they are made out of or what's actually in the oil itself, in an unregulated industry. But Im an anxiety guy anyway, love the strong stuff, but got to be a hybrid or indica dom or close. Worst I ever had was a canadian clone only called Krush. Not DJ's not anyones, and the descriptor was an afghan sativa. No shit. Took smokin on bout a half oz lil bit at a time to finally figure out I wasn't having spells, it was the herb. Well grown, not clear trichs, just the genetics. But break you out in sweats, heart poundin, exact replica of an anxiety attack, lol. I too only will smoke flowers or bubble.
Yes I suffer a bit from anxiety too and indicas tend to be more benefitial for me although I'm hyperactive too so a sativa every now and then helps get twice as many things done but yeah I did some research on those cartridges and scared the hell outta me, what's more I think they're gonna get unhealthier with the passing of time as it has already happend

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Ok i heard it increases the heart rate and there may be a physical reason for that but in this moment, 30mins after a good vape session, my pulse is about 95 according to my pulse-oximeter. Compared to the 120 when i was drinking alcohol regularly, it is pretty good now. Plus i drank yesterday and it always makes my heart rate go up the next day. Usually its at about 80-90.

On the other hand i think the mental effects should be considered when talking about the effects cannabis has on heart rate. Anxiety sure makes my heart beat faster and so does paranoia. So cannabis may not make my heart beat faster but psychological effects some weed provide, does. Not neccessarily sativa doms either. I got a NL that can be take me to hell and back if i smoke a bit too much. I got friends whose hearts race after smoking and when i converse with them i always find out that they are experiencing paranoia or some form of anxiety.

So i’m not sure which one comes first, the faster heart beat or the anxiety/paranoia but for some, yeah it can cause an elevated heart rate. For me, not so much.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Mj increases heart rate....more so on some strains than others.
You feel this more later in life.
If you smoke cigs and mj...you may have heart issue in the future.
My advise get rid of the cigs...those just kill you slowly.
only at the onset, then it decreases heart rate. Same with blood pressure. High tolerance users don't have this, and has been shown to long term decrease blood pressure. Problem is if you give in to the munchies, that will lead to cardiovascular problems. If you smoke, we all know the risks of smoking and heart disease. Why edibles is on the rise. But I do agree, especially if a women, give up the cigs, keep the herb.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
This is said article, would appreciate if you had a look at it https://thcdetox.biz/blog/3-reasons-why-weed-races-your-heart/
I think doing research with you guys is actually better than what I find onthe web
I think the article looks good @420SOS . The one thing that always amazes me is the different effects the same strain will have individuals. I think you could take a dozen people and have them all consume the same strain and there might be some similarities but also big variations from one person to the next. I hate that racy weed peeking out windows and and other stupid shit.

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
only at the onset, then it decreases heart rate. Same with blood pressure. High tolerance users don't have this, and has been shown to long term decrease blood pressure. Problem is if you give in to the munchies, that will lead to cardiovascular problems. If you smoke, we all know the risks of smoking and heart disease. Why edibles is on the rise. But I do agree, especially if a women, give up the cigs, keep the herb.
That i should agree with, my blood pressure, along with my heart rate, dropped after i started using cannabis regularly. Its now in the supposedly healthy region. Thats another bonus.

And definitely stop tobacco and alcohol usage and you’ll be healthier than ever vaping or ingesting and living high for the rest of your life. I only stopped the one but i still enjoy tobacco. Its gonna go in the near future.