DJ Short Blueberry f5

pharmfreshnc

Anyone grown this one? I did this summer and was very disappointed. Low vigor, low smell, runt like plants,
males were sterile. I was very unimpressed. I grew the original blueberry back in late 90s from seeds I got
from Marc Emery catalog. Was favorite for a long time. People asked for it repeatedly. This one in my experience
was nothing like it.

Sent them an email explaining my experience a while back and never got a reply.
Anyone else had this experience or did I get some bum seeds?

D

Deleted member 60

I ran his "Flodica" about 15 years ago and found a killer little cultivar. Tried to reverse it 3X.....never would drop pollen. Found out later ...like you did...all the males were sterile. Oh well.....

Dis39

Really Active Member
Anyone grown this one? I did this summer and was very disappointed. Low vigor, low smell, runt like plants,
males were sterile. I was very unimpressed. I grew the original blueberry back in late 90s from seeds I got
from Marc Emery catalog. Was favorite for a long time. People asked for it repeatedly. This one in my experience
was nothing like it.

Sent them an email explaining my experience a while back and never got a reply.
Anyone else had this experience or did I get some bum seeds?
I had been looking at this exact offering. Disappointing to hear.

pharmfreshnc

I haven't heard anything good about DJ short for a long time. You might have better luck trying some dynasty seeds huckleberry crosses or blu magoo bx. I have grown some of his stuff and found some excellent berry pheno's and they are always worth growning.
I contacted him through his website about a month ago, told them my experience, and received no
reply back. I got Blueberry Muffin from Humboldt Seed co. and grew out this summer. It was really nice,
high resin, great smell, potent. Good bag appeal. I really like it. But it still isnt the same as the
DJ Short from 20 years ago. That original had a pheno that was amazing.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I contacted him through his website about a month ago, told them my experience, and received no
reply back. I got Blueberry Muffin from Humboldt Seed co. and grew out this summer. It was really nice,
high resin, great smell, potent. Good bag appeal. I really like it. But it still isnt the same as the
DJ Short from 20 years ago. That original had a pheno that was amazing.
Like @Horselover Fat said, I haven't heard much excitement over DJ's gear in a long time either.

Second Generation uses DJ Short Blueberry F4 in many of their crosses. They look good, but no first hand experience here sorry.

Dutch Passion Blueberry is supposed to be more like the original Blueberry that you, me, and everyone else remembers. Pricey, but worth a shot maybe.

Then there's Blueberry Muffin, and Vintage Blueberry, etc. Some of these supposedly come from the same stock DJ used, but pre-date his BB work.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have G-13 Labs Blue Venom, BlueBerry x White Widow.
I am impressed with the flavor it has. Pretty flower. Haven't grown it since I started purchasing GPS and HeisenBeans.
I don't know if there is a G-13 Labs anymore.
You might check across the pond.
I do have a cross made from Wedding Cake #7. Not sure on growing them because of the questionable WC #7.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Dj lost the seed stock and or parent plants from the old blueberry line. Nothing his "son" Jd offers is even close.
I don't care much for jd either, but he's showed some pretty good pics of his work lately, looks like he heard the complaints and upping his game. Anyone trying to reverse em. That purple highland Thai is a killer 😆. Many have found gems in that f4 line, riot included. Got sick of bb when lived in oregon, all anyone had was the sat learner's, I finally found the menthol, indica peel your head off, right before move. That cut was phenomenal. We traded a cut of rosetta stone, best trade I made, but didn't make seeds from the bb.

pharmfreshnc

I have a couple of blueberries going now, A Blueberry Freeze (Strawberry Gelato x Blueberry Cookies) that was from Masonrie Genetics (F2'd by @J.James) and his '88 Minnesota Muffin that has an old-school blueberry parent. Let you know in a month or so...
So HAF is the 88 Minnesota Muffin clone kept alive that long or seed line maintained that long?
Do you know if its DJ Short old school blueberry?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So HAF is the 88 Minnesota Muffin clone kept alive that long or seed line maintained that long?
Do you know if its DJ Short old school blueberry?
It is from seed, and the original parent was JJ's dad's secret. No one knows. But the seeds I am dropping are not that old. I think the ones he crossed with his more recent "Muffin Top" plant used those '88 seeds to get the ones I have

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
I had a clone of this from 2010 that was pretty nice. A local club by me had a tray dropped off by DJ whom at the time I had no idea who he was. It turned out to be the most beautiful plant I've ever grown. It wasn't the most potent tho. That part was kinda lacking but not much else. Huge buds, no leaf, and sweet BB smell. All purple. Incredible looking as much as it smelled. I always wonder what version it was?