DIY RDWC Setup. I'd appreciate your input...

I'm building a new DIY RDWC build. Should it be:

• (a) just like the picture in the attachment...

• (b) kind of like the attachment, but 2 bulkheads on each bucket

• (c) more like a "Current Culture" kind of setup with an undercurrent...

• (d) try this...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just something to ponder if you have not already....do you plan on running all 1 strain? Many times in a multi-strain run, the plants like to feed at different nutrient levels. One light feeder will be all it takes...other then that, looks good to me. Good luck with your grow and welcome to forum!

Medhatgrower

Just something to ponder if you have not already....do you plan on running all 1 strain? Many times in a multi-strain run, the plants like to feed at different nutrient levels. One light feeder will be all it takes...other then that, looks good to me. Good luck with your grow and welcome to forum!
Thanks TheSadVeryBadMadGrower.
I research each strain and run similar strains. Been doing this for a couple years without a hiccup. Not worried in regards, just want input on the build I’m working on. Any thoughts?

Medhatgrower

I've been revising yet again...
Here is my latest design for my 6'x6'x7' flower room:
• Moved 2" return & 1" waterfalls closer to the outer wall for more room to maneuver around plants.
• I removed the 400GPH water pump.
• Added a sample pot for testing pH, EC & water temperature.
• Added valves for the manifold system with drain.

Please give me input...

Attachments

I've been revising yet again...
Here is my latest design for my 6'x6'x7' flower room:
• Moved 2" return & 1" waterfalls closer to the outer wall for more room to maneuver around plants.
• I removed the 400GPH water pump.
• Added a sample pot for testing pH, EC & water temperature.
• Added valves for the manifold system with drain.

Please give me input...
Looks great on paper....however....I tried the same thing and many others along the way and something ALWAYS makes the plans go sour and we just end up winging it lol

Skunkle Justin

Honestly, brother, it seems like you’re reinventing the wheel here. Stick with the concept that most commercial style water culture systems use, because they’ve already proven efficient and effective. The Heisenbeans DIY setup really is the best that I’ve used. Fewer points of failure and easy to fabricate and follow. I made my own minor modifications to simplify some parts to fit my lighting footprint and space available.

inthetrees

Yeah what Skunkle just said... Idk man I would do a closed-loop recirculating setup versus running separate supply and return lines. Less angles, less pipe, less failure points. I just built two systems for my 4x8 using heisenbeans tutorial. Pretty straight-forward and simple. I also like how heisen runs his pump to suck through the system and dump back into the epi, versus pushing into the buckets.

-itt