Distance to canopy...

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
18 veros at about 2400ma's with the Meanwell type A drivers. I have mag lens and Ledil reflectors for them too. I can hang them 6 ft away and still "crisp" the tops. lmao!
I can grow them "Remos" plants if I had room. lol
Do they use fins or active cooling at that amperage? :)

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Only way to know is to use a light meter. Even the cheep Chinese ones work fine. As long as you not running burple.

Problem with light is you lose a lot of intensity with distance.
Copy.
The intensity of light is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. This means that as the distance from a light source increases, the intensity of light is equal to a value multiplied by 1/d2,. The proportional symbol, , is used to show how these relate.

Laymen’s terms you lose a lot of fu$$en light.
I keep my led at 50-60000lux at the top of plants. Cheep meter. So I can run them 1” or 1’ it takes a lot more juice at 1’. It depends on how tall your plants are. If you run tall plants your going to need to get lots of light down in there. So raise and crank. If you top and train to keep your plants shorter. You can lower your light and dial it back.
I think most tend to get rid of the lower stuff that’s going to be larfy and work mostly with the top 1/4-1/2.
Ether way get a 20$ meter otherwise you are guessing.
With a meter you know what works. Clones I run 7000lux
Veg 10-25000lux
No guessing if I turned the knob one or 2 cu-t hairs.😆

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Only way to know is to use a light meter. Even the cheep Chinese ones work fine. As long as you not running burple.

Problem with light is you lose a lot of intensity with distance.
Copy.
The intensity of light is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. This means that as the distance from a light source increases, the intensity of light is equal to a value multiplied by 1/d2,. The proportional symbol, , is used to show how these relate.

Laymen’s terms you lose a lot of fu$$en light.
I keep my led at 50-60000lux at the top of plants. Cheep meter. So I can run them 1” or 1’ it takes a lot more juice at 1’. It depends on how tall your plants are. If you run tall plants your going to need to get lots of light down in there. So raise and crank. If you top and train to keep your plants shorter. You can lower your light and dial it back.
I think most tend to get rid of the lower stuff that’s going to be larfy and work mostly with the top 1/4-1/2.
Ether way get a 20$ meter otherwise you are guessing.
With a meter you know what works. Clones I run 7000lux
Veg 10-25000lux
No guessing if I turned the knob one or 2 cu-t hairs.😆
Yep, everyone needs at least a PAR meter and "Kill A Watt" for at the wall readings to fine tune your grow in. I try to run 8 to 900 PAR where ever that ends up in distance. You can go higher. If you have a lot of "green" in your spectrum, you can jack it up even more.

Last edited:
I'm running four V2 100's in a 4 x 4. Heat is negligible. 18" from the tops of my recently planted clones. This is my first time using the HLG quantum boards and first time LED ever. I can't even look at the floor because the reflection is so bright. I hope I'm doing this right :alien:

Using these for veg only. They are the 4k type.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Diode spacing is a big factor too. I can have my 132 boards down around 10 inches and no problems. The 324s wont go lower than 18 inches. About the same size board with triple the diodes they crank it out. When I got the 324s they didnt have the 120s and 132s yet. I like the diodes more spaced.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Not necessarily.

I have my LED strip rig jacked up as high as my 2x4x6 will allow. I don't lower it and let the plants grow to it. I haven't had an issue with undue stretching/elongation. And with QBs, you'll get better overall coverage running them higher.

Just an opinion, it's worth what you paid for it. :ROFLMAO:
Lowering the light and power is only gonna decrease your electric bill. Especially in veg where angles of penetration arent as critical. I have two 132s hooked up to their own driver. I start with one and raise it and the power then go two two. Then to my 324s. Then all my lights. Everything is hooked to flex wire and pulleys so no moving. Just a easy string pull, plug , switch or knob twist. To me it's worth the savings. Less energy is also less pollution.