Danka Claus

Danka Claus

Thanks for the welcome. I'm at the seedling stage of my current grow. So I'll share some info about my last/first grow.
The backstory goes like this. My cousin found a couple herm seeds from a bag of GG4. Or so they say it was GG4.
He grew that out last year and I took a few cuts in very early flower, just after mother nature flipped the switch on her.
I did grow a couple little guys from seed as well. My focus with those was to veg them a week or two and flip them with
the others. I did this to get an idea if it was something I may want to run in the future.
I had no idea at the time that they were in flower. I only know its true after looking back at my early pictures.
I managed about 5oz of trimmed bud, dried and cured. I tortured these ladies with lots of stress while learning
when to introduce nutes, overwatering ect... The second picture with the crazy bushy plant is what leads me to believe it was re-vegging.
The rest of the pictures are my stressed out, over trained girls. I welcome any criticism. I know that all my experimenting stole a lot of potential from them, but that shit was fun!

Attachments

Last edited:

Danka Claus

I now know several things I did wrong. 1st, never put clones in wet root riot cubes on top of the dry soil you plan to transplant them to.
It dries the cubes out overnight and almost leaves you with nothing at all to grow. Oh, and don't put them in a spider web covered dirty crate.
Don't take clones without any nodes on the stem. Don't introduce nutrients in week two. Not even at half strength. Don't feel compelled to keep plants the same height as the pot their in. Don't stress the shit out of them with over training and they will grow bigger. Don't OVER WATER or you will have shitty roots and fungus gnats. Lastly, no matter how many mistakes you make along the way. Keep on trying to grow the dank, because I did with very little prior knowledge. Pic 1&2 are GG4 and pic 3 is Mazar.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The second picture with the crazy bushy plant is what leads me to believe it was re-vegging.
Nice stuff. Yeah, I have found that re-vegging ain't that bad. I usually get a decent return from clones taken after I identify girls in flower. I have three going right now.

Only thing out of the ordinary I see is the clones in the styro cups. If you have had success then nevermind, but if those clones aren't well rooted you could have the soil wick the moisture out of those riot plugs. Might be a good thing that you can see them since they get a real light colored brown when they dry. I haven't seen that "sitting on the soil" method before.

Danka Claus

Nice stuff. Yeah, I have found that re-vegging ain't that bad. I usually get a decent return from clones taken after I identify girls in flower. I have three going right now.

Only thing out of the ordinary I see is the clones in the styro cups. If you have had success then nevermind, but if those clones aren't well rooted you could have the soil wick the moisture out of those riot plugs. Might be a good thing that you can see them since they get a real light colored brown when they dry. I haven't seen that "sitting on the soil" method before.
Yes, you are correct. I mentioned above that was an error I made. Almost cost me those clones but I caught it in time. Happy growing🍀

Danka Claus

Cool - hell, it might work if you keep the humidity high and the plugs moist - who knows? Roots mostly come out of the bottom anyway at first.
I won't be doing that again. It was an oversite. I've abandoned the method in favor of a humidity dome with a heat mat and the root cubes. Works great for clones and seeds.