Curious what everyone's take on these RDWC kits are?...$175 a 6 site.

40AmpstoFreedom

Found them the other day. I know you can DIY but if shipping isn't too bad and the specs and materials used in the system check out then why not? I like the idea of individual 6 site systems in case of system failure.

Opie1

Master Grower

Found them the other day. I know you can DIY but if shipping isn't too bad and the specs and materials used in the system check out then why not? I like the idea of individual 6 site systems in case of system failure.
Keep us updated on whether or not you get one of these to try out.

40AmpstoFreedom

I am definitely going to be buying one soon to test out, just going to be in the middle of moving so not sure I can get to it before 2 from now.

Thedadjokeguy

Wondering if anyone has tried. I refuse to pay the mark-up and was going to do the DYI option. However, price of these I'd do that. Seems a little too good to be true based on the greed out there. Anyone pull the trigger on this?

Skunkle Justin

Did it say how big the buckets are? I also wonder if the PVC is schedule 40 or if it’s some flimsy alternative. And the uniseals? And then there’s the air/water pumps and air stones. What kind of quality are they? These systems can be made DIY in less than an hour once you have all the parts

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Did it say how big the buckets are? I also wonder if the PVC is schedule 40 or if it’s some flimsy alternative. And the uniseals? And then there’s the air/water pumps and air stones. What kind of quality are they? These systems can be made DIY in less than an hour once you have all the parts
Agreed - Look at light/tent kits. Rarely the best components in the deal, but you get a free pair of scissors :rolleyes:

If you can get to a hardware store or shop on amazon, finding one you like on-line then copying it would probably produce a better end product.