Curing containers???

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
There seems to be nationwide shortage on canning jars and lids !!!
Is it possible to cure buds in plastic five gallon buckets with lid????
They were out of canning jars everywhere around here also for a couple months, but about 2 weeks ago everyone got them back in stock, so maybe you'll get lucky also

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
So how many guys initially hang with sugar leaf on -no wet trim ... for five days
And who wet trims and then hang to dry till time to cure ???
I always in the past wet trimmed and hung but am willing to try the other method ????
by the time their ready for harvest they wont have to many fan leafs on them anyway. i dont remove any leafs after chopping. The plant gets hung until dry then i start trimming.

dry trim is whats always worked best for me. Wet trimming is a pain in the ass and for some reason everything i wet trimmed never smelled as strong as what was trimmed dry. when its dry u can pull the sugar leafs off with your fingers if you wanted to. everything comes off pretty easily. Try doing that to the wrong bud while its still wet and youll rip the bud in half.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So how many guys initially hang with sugar leaf on -no wet trim ... for five days
I always in the past wet trimmed and hung but am willing to try the other method ????
Plants, seasons, agree with all the above.
My main thing is trimming anything with a stem. large sugar leaves as well. I'll do most while it's still standing.
After that I look top down on the bud. Trim the shiny green stuff off down to the trichs. That's the part where it varies plant to plant for me. Sometimes once you get the leaves with stems you can get to out of the way the rest is all good.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I wet trim then hang to dry. But not so dry that it snaps. I get it into a container well before the snap stage so that I can control the dry in my imperfect environment and not fuck up an entire harvest.

D

Deleted member 60

You too, huh @Old ST1R ? Doing the wrong thing for over 30 years is a hard habit to break here. I missed out seeing those Youtube videos back in '90 when I went perpetual. Damn. How could that have happened? :ROFLMAO:

Anybody got a few days to spare to trim? Heehee...didn't think so. Funny how that is, huh? Talk about being on lock down.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
They were out of canning jars everywhere around here also for a couple months, but about 2 weeks ago everyone got them back in stock, so maybe you'll get lucky also
It's canning season for gardeners who are getting ready to pull down what is left of their gardens. And, if you live in a legal state, the jars are flying off the shelves even faster due to small scale home growers who have a plant or two growing outside. There was a surge in jar sales a few weeks ago, too.

You too, huh @Old ST1R ? Doing the wrong thing for over 30 years is a hard habit to break here. I missed out seeing those Youtube videos back in '90 when I went perpetual. Damn. How could that have happened? :ROFLMAO:

Anybody got a few days to spare to trim? Heehee...didn't think so. Funny how that is, huh? Talk about being on lock down.
@Burned Haze argues with and shits on anyone who disagrees with him on just about anything. Ever since I disagreed with him on a political post he's been going around shitting on random posts of mine that don't even make sense to shit on.

Here are some examples of posts he deemed worthy of shitting on:
9-29-2020 8-45-42 AM.jpg

9-29-2020 8-43-28 AM.jpg

9-29-2020 8-43-07 AM.jpg

This site is a lot better if you just put that piece of shit on ignore like I have.

He also has no clue about what he's saying about canning jars. You do NOT have to boil them for them to seal, you just need to make sure the seal and the top of the jar are clean and free from chips. The purpose behind the boiling of canning jars is to sterilize the contents and the jar and to use the heat to expand the air in the jar so, when it cools, the air condenses and creates a vacuum which holds the lid tight to the jar and seals it for long term storage. The same vacuum seal can be achieved by putting the jar in a sealed container and using a vacuum pump to pull the air out. I recently just used a bunch of my old weed to make butter and other concentrates that had been in sealed jars for anywhere from 18 - 24 months and the vast majority of it was still fine. A couple of jars had a lot of terpene loss but I also don't bother vacuum sealing my jars. I just make sure the rims and seals are nice and clean before closing them up tightly.

D

Deleted member 60

Terp loss...from my extremely limited experience at this hobby...is strain specific. Some strains hold onto their stank and it's fairly reminiscent of the bud you started with...others change drastically into some other smell...and some just kinda lose out.

The key is always to smoke more and store less....

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Terp loss...from my extremely limited experience at this hobby...is strain specific. Some strains hold onto their stank and it's fairly reminiscent of the bud you started with...others change drastically into some other smell...and some just kinda lose out.

The key is always to smoke more and store less....
1 of my Mac1 x grape slurpee’s came our smelling like straight milk. Lol. Or maybe vanilla. Very strange smell

while her sister kept that dragonfruity gas smell all the way into cure. They smelled very similar in flowering but now couldn’t be more different

D

Deleted member 60

And that, my friend, is the fun of it all. So many smells and tastes.....many of which in any other realm would be "HUH? WTF? Smells like shit coming out of a Skunk's ass? Say what? LOL.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@Burned Haze argues with and shits on anyone who disagrees with him on just about anything. Ever since I disagreed with him on a political post he's been going around shitting on random posts of mine that don't even make sense to shit on.

This site is a lot better if you just put that piece of shit on ignore like I have.

He also has no clue about what he's saying about canning jars. You do NOT have to boil them for them to seal, you just need to make sure the seal and the top of the jar are clean and free from chips. The purpose behind the boiling of canning jars is to sterilize the contents and the jar and to use the heat to expand the air in the jar so, when it cools, the air condenses and creates a vacuum which holds the lid tight to the jar and seals it for long term storage. The same vacuum seal can be achieved by putting the jar in a sealed container and using a vacuum pump to pull the air out. I recently just used a bunch of my old weed to make butter and other concentrates that had been in sealed jars for anywhere from 18 - 24 months and the vast majority of it was still fine. A couple of jars had a lot of terpene loss but I also don't bother vacuum sealing my jars. I just make sure the rims and seals are nice and clean before closing them up tightly.
Agreed - ignore is great, but when they put out bad info, or shit on anyone that disagrees with their perfect way to do things, they are a detriment to the site.

I don;t give a damn what you know. If you are full of shit half the time I'm not listening when you are right