Critical Orange Punch - Dutch Passion

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Three phenos of this strain are among the 11 strains I'm harvesting now. These were some free seeds that I got a long time ago. The description sounded pretty interesting, so I thought I would give it a shot. It's a cross of Grandaddy Purps and Orange Bud (Orange Punch), based on "Kritikal Bilbo genetics" . None of the three phenos I ran were big producers, but all look and smell fascinating - I'm pretty eager to press some rosin when it's dried and cured.

I'll start with #1, the pheno I kept. This one makes big puffy sativa-like buds with orange pistils and a high calyx-to-leaf ratio. It has a lovely sour orange/hashy aroma that is kind of nostalgic ( for old stoners, OK?). It's most distinct characteristic are the big sun leaves with deep curvy serrations on long petioles. It grows very wide and stocky in veg. I took most of the big sun leaves off as it grew, they were just covering too many branch tips. Definitely recommend doing plenty of pruning of the lower parts of the branches to avoid crowding.

COP#1 as a Young Plant:
Critical-Orange-Punch-Young-Plant.jpg

The #1 is getting harvested right now at 59 days of flowering. Really nice array of fat buds. This is just a "test" plant in a 3 gallon pot that sits in an aisle area, and gets moved all over and generally abused, so even better results would be possible if they weren't mistreated in such a fashion.

COP#1 All Grown Up:

COP1-Whole-Plant2500.jpg

Fresh COP#1 Colas:

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

A couple microscope shots from just before the chop:

COP1_PICA0161.jpg

COP1_PICA0162.jpg

Ok back to trimming...review of 2 and 3 will follow eventually!

SEBUD

Super Active Member
Three phenos of this strain are among the 11 strains I'm harvesting now. These were some free seeds that I got a long time ago. The description sounded pretty interesting, so I thought I would give it a shot. It's a cross of Grandaddy Purps and Orange Bud (Orange Punch), based on "Kritikal Bilbo genetics" . None of the three phenos I ran were big producers, but all look and smell fascinating - I'm pretty eager to press some rosin when it's dried and cured.

I'll start with #1, the pheno I kept. This one makes big puffy sativa-like buds with orange pistils and a high calyx-to-leaf ratio. It has a lovely sour orange/hashy aroma that is kind of nostalgic ( for old stoners, OK?). It's most distinct characteristic are the big sun leaves with deep curvy serrations on long petioles. It grows very wide and stocky in veg. I took most of the big sun leaves off as it grew, they were just covering too many branch tips. Definitely recommend doing plenty of pruning of the lower parts of the branches to avoid crowding.

COP#1 as a Young Plant:
View attachment 126555

The #1 is getting harvested right now at 59 days of flowering. Really nice array of fat buds. This is just a "test" plant in a 3 gallon pot that sits in an aisle area, and gets moved all over and generally abused, so even better results would be possible if they weren't mistreated in such a fashion.

COP#1 All Grown Up:

View attachment 126556

Fresh COP#1 Colas:

View attachment 126557

View attachment 126558

View attachment 126559

View attachment 126560

Great job 🌱 🔥✌

Opie1

Master Grower

COP#1 as a Young Plant:
View attachment 126555

COP#1 All Grown Up:

View attachment 126556

Fresh COP#1 Colas:

View attachment 126557

View attachment 126558

View attachment 126559

View attachment 126560

That’s really nice! I think I’ve got a couple of those, freebies from a couple years ago. I actually thought about trying this, I believe I will now.

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
I actually thought about trying this, I believe I will now.
Yes I would give them a shot. It's not a big producer, but the phenos are pretty cool. I still have to cover the other two phenos I grew...here's a preview of the #2, which was absolutely plastered with thick resin and a superb citrus aroma. VERY different from the #1COP2.jpg:

Attachments