CrimsonEcho’s pollen mothers!

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
I hate hydrostore and home depot timers the failure of 3 that were less than a year old caused me to make an arduino controlled power strip. Running strong for 2 years, I help you if you want to do it.
Man i fucking saw your arduino controllers. They are sick! I am really thick when it comes to electronics and suck at programming. Literally 0 knowledge on the subject. Other than that of course i would love to build an arduino. This is the 3rd one for me too. In a timespan of one year.

I mean i’m not gonna bitch about it, it was good to see that i had some problematic genetics in there but still a reliable unit is the dream.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Man i fucking saw your arduino controllers. They are sick! I am really thick when it comes to electronics and suck at programming. Literally 0 knowledge on the subject. Other than that of course i would love to build an arduino. This is the 3rd one for me too. In a timespan of one year.

I mean i’m not gonna bitch about it, it was good to see that i had some problematic genetics in there but still a reliable unit is the dream.
If you are fucking the light schedule it has only a very minor reflection on the genetics imo. That said these are fem seeds and if the value of the time indiscretion was low then I can understand the correlation between herm and unstable genetic.

crimsonecho

If you are fucking the light schedule it has only a very minor reflection on the genetics imo. That said these are fem seeds and if the value of the time indiscretion was low then I can understand the correlation between herm and unstable genetic.
I’ve grown this gal in the same setting and she was perfectly healthy. Sinsemilla. Not one banana. Now this extra stress with the lights and maybe with a little higher temps, she threw balls. So she is out. Others seem perfectly healthy. No bananas. So that leads me to genetics.

Not a “true hermie”, if it was it should be there in the first run, but very prone to stress induced changes. I just don’t want that fussiness in my genetic pool. I got #3 instead which seems pretty stable for now.

Last edited:

crimsonecho

Just happen to stumble upon this, thought it might be interesting. This is from an interview in high times. CG is Cannarado Genetics. So i think that stressing out bits will help me get a more stable genetic pool going.

CG: What are you going for? Are you looking to pass the male genetic trait? Are you looking to pass structure? Terpene profiles? Lots of people are testing their males now so you can actually test for what sort of terp or potency before you really get to using them. I have not done that in my practice yet but it’s something we’re going to do. Something as basic as a stem rub. The stinkiest plants are always in the running. Then, you have to do your stress test, let them drought out, mess with the lighting, crop them heavily, just do different things to them. See if they throw any male intersex traits in flower. It happens quite a bit. Especially with the Cookies, OG and Chem hybrids that are out there.

CG: Yea! That’s how I stress them! Just like I stressed that first batch of Purple Kush that I had that made all those seeds back in the ’90s! You want to stress them. We see nowadays people buy a 10-pack of seeds, they find a male or two, they have a couple elite clones, dust them, that’s not really breeding. I’ve done it. We’ve all done it. If you’re looking to really do it, you’re going to want to dig into it a little more than that.

crimsonecho

Pulled the male out. I have been doing pollination almost daily and i’m sure most of the early ones are pretty well pollinated and there is Blue Kush which was a later addition to the project. If the seed count seems low i’ll pollinate it in the future with the frozen pollen.

There is this solo cup plant which needs to be sinsemilla otherwise the male plant wasn’t really hurting anything.

3E69245C-21DB-410C-859B-E85C7F94BC64.jpegE1F507C4-EF38-40BD-8066-3AA485921B9F.jpegF85E6078-2A94-47C7-A05E-19D474315FA8.jpeg

Love this blueberry. This gal grew completely colourless first time. It was winter too. The night temps were shitty. Last 2 runs, very cute pink tones. Not very pronounced in the photos but its there. I’ll take some with my canon and it’ll be better.

Downside is that it is fussy and very prone to drought stress. It throws bananas immediately but i haven’t yet seen any seeds from those bananas. Don’t know if it throws sterile stuff but the solution is simple, just keep it well hydrated.

BFFF3211-B667-4B83-A4ED-026B51B5968D.jpeg
E97E8786-EDDD-4088-AA6E-91A86A4BA286.jpegFEF523B2-56E1-4472-80AA-27C472BD5EC0.jpeg

The first pollinations already paying off. It was a tasty seed right there :D

So its actually already a success. Thats a Dinachem S1. And all have swollen calyxes.

47BD8FB5-28F4-4F3D-8367-2639E3B3AD31.jpeg740FD39F-5846-4048-907A-6CCB166F2762.jpeg83FE9066-4CFD-4321-90A7-97B1276CDD05.jpeg

This peyote cookies is 95% indica and its like a fucking tower! Not bushy at all.

Also dinachem got its first feeding after the initial transplant. Which was really a long time ago. It shows.

Last edited:

crimsonecho

The ones i pulled, because of the light stress related herm issues, had the same pink flowers as the Blueberry #3 and the one bastard who still goes on has it too. There is a slight chance that these are all Blueberry #3 S1. A very slim chance. I picked 4 out of 200+. Or the other possibility is that #3 breeds true for that trait. Which would be very cool. As Crimson Genetics i will need crimson-like cultivars. Hhaha.

Well we’ll see when the indigo lily hits the flowering. Man its fun to dream. Probably just by dumb luck i picked 4 S1 out of all the bastards i had. Hahaha.

D3CFD342-8FE4-4A37-9E7D-C1E59A6D2C7E.jpegCB0E1365-4579-4A5B-B1C1-2D5AE07BBD59.jpeg6E9457CB-6548-4D0C-922B-6CD473926678.jpeg758F20BA-ADCA-49DD-AA19-A19CB9E49F60.jpeg

What is more interesting is that this colour actually comes partially from trichomes. It has to some degree purple trichomes. Which is always cool of course. So eventho its a little fussy i’m gonna work this gal unlike Blueberry #2. Will try to get that stress tolerance up. Hopefully this cross with Dinachem would prove to be useful in that area also. Dinachem is a beast. You can treat it horrible and neglect it and stress it and let it go bone dry and it’ll still do its thing. And in the end it’ll offer incredible buds. So the cross between Dinachem and Blueberry #3 will be pretty cool.

crimsonecho

By the way a little bit more about the herm issue. If the #2 was getting more light because the timer was on the fritz of course that would be on me. But the problem was that the timer was turnin the lights off but wasn’t turning them back on when its time.

So they were getting about 9.5-10hrs of light. So there wasn’t more light to fuck their flowering, it was just 9.5hrs one day, next 10 and next 9 hrs 45mins etc. The difference was half an hour max and total light period never exceeded 11hrs with the off time being exactly the same everyday.

So that tiny bit of light stress caused #2 to herm. I actually like the smell of it but #3 is just far too superior. It was more of an experimental breeding with #2. To see what i’ll end up with.

crimsonecho

Some microscopic pics here. That swollen pink calyx looks incredibly sexy. This is a blueberry bastard and as far i can see it doesn’t show any purple heads. Well its ok. Its identical to its parent #3. I just didn’t want to cut down a seeded branch.

I have to cut them down to get a decent pic. This cheap microscope is killing me. It works, kinda, the resolution is abysmal and its really hard to get it focused where you want it to focus. I’m gonna get a better one at one point. Anyway, sexy colours.

66860166-0B17-4654-9EFB-8F1CA2CFBBA5.jpegA8C2413D-9B33-49EE-BCB1-901C2B0A6FAA.jpeg2EF47040-18FF-48AD-89B6-EA50E181C2A0.jpeg

There is a bit of orange in there also. Which makes it even cooler imo.

crimsonecho

I will just leave this here for reference. My intention isn't to poop in your thread but to just drop a little journal article about ideal concentrations in a lab setting. Of course, I am sure this varies from strain to strain.
Why would it poop in my thread man its information. Information is the most valuable commodity. Thanks for sharing. This ug thing tho, hard to calculate and determine with my beginner level math and chemistry skills. Hahah.

But i got a good amount of viable pollen from my recipe. Tho i’m gonna dilute it with more water next time to inhibit stress related complications further. I think 2 applications with dilute solutions will get the job done.

SCJedi

Synergist
Why would it poop in my thread man its information. Information is the most valuable commodity. Thanks for sharing. This ug thing tho, hard to calculate and determine with my beginner level math and chemistry skills. Hahah.

But i got a good amount of viable pollen from my recipe. Tho i’m gonna dilute it with more water next time to inhibit stress related complications further. I think 2 applications with dilute solutions will get the job done.
I just watched a video on IG where Mr soul from Brother Grimm seeds had the highest success spraying every other day for 2 to 3 weeks but I don't know what concentrations....ssoo I asked.

crimsonecho

I just watched a video on IG where Mr soul from Brother Grimm seeds had the highest success spraying every other day for 2 to 3 weeks but I don't know what concentrations....ssoo I asked.
Thats just incredibly frequent for me. I have done 3 over the course of 2 weeks. I could probably get away with 2 but just wanted to be sure.

As for success rate, there were no pistils and all the sacks were filled with pollen. I just culled it because solo cup plant needs to be seedless. Thanks jesse :D

crimsonecho

B78C98AB-1258-456E-9459-D6781A9B1EDC.jpeg843723F3-87B0-4880-8CD1-522088DA6988.jpeg8BD52017-F68B-4888-ADB9-813D4F85DDF5.jpegEC0C0028-AF68-4FE7-B46B-66A356BF85E9.jpeg23A7D3E4-8C6F-4D63-AE1C-9E0485D82634.jpeg

Ok pollination part was truly a success. Now from the looks of the already formed seeds. 4-5 weeks should do the trick. Well we’ll see i guess.

Attachments

crimsonecho

You are very welcome good sir. Lol.
That comp plant is looking 😍 btw. Go ahead and seed her though, it will make it easier on the rest of us in the comp. Lmfao.
Hahahah. No way bro. Remember my gal is in 15% smaller pot. If i win it’ll be by gods will only. Ganja god. Not that she exist. So pretty much i’m just enjoying myself and having laughs over there. Hahahah.

crimsonecho

Blue Kush may use another round of pollination but even as it is, its gonna offer much seeds i’m sure and i want some to smoke also. So i’m not gonna. Haha.
DF388833-6037-4BC5-B360-C47348BE7678.jpeg

Dinachem looks hungry. It always is. Lol. Don’t really care at this point only 3 more weeks to go or something. I don’t know i have to check the posts. And then the seeds. Hahaha.

BE0FA7E0-B8F2-4F87-98AD-072BF431B44E.jpeg

The height on this Peyote Cookies.. 95% indica hybrid. Couple of hits and i can barely stay awake with this gal. Definitely could be considered a medical strain. No pain, only sleep. Hahahah.

3875DFB1-0A73-47A6-9332-6B16C1554574.jpeg

crimsonecho

Blueberry bastard coming along nicely. Glad i pollinated it aswell. I’m guessing blueberry x northern lights cross but no way to be sure. Still it looks like its dank shit.

3B4876F0-09C4-4527-918E-316B1DF2080C.jpeg913613DB-0FC5-4DE4-B661-4AF5FD34F2C0.jpeg

Blueberry #3 filled with seeds and photobombed by a strand of hair from my golden retriever. Love him.

55A86C54-2776-4C39-8E38-342181108E06.jpeg

Peyote Cookies going well.

A0C8A2CE-EA2E-4EAB-A7DA-9B9BEA10B196.jpeg

Dinachem seems fine also. Many many seeds on her.

30B2D840-BD24-4290-8CAA-B8A7DABC895E.jpeg04C37266-07CA-44E6-92FC-F0F3BA78A24C.jpeg