Cone filling machines... Auto Joint rollers.... #futurola

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Looking to get a joint rolling / filling machine... Looking for suggestions and war stories about getting such a machine...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a krups coffee grinder i did good with max of 4 grams at a time. Gonna look into a knock box and try the ninja with a quap.....
I found a coffee grinder that has a removable cup. I use a hand grinder 99% of the time but a little push-top coffee grinder can work wonders.

If it doesn't have a removable blade-cup combo cleaning is a bitch so it's more trouble than it's worth after a use or three. The cup itself can get soaked in alcohol.

Streetpro09

Tester
Seems like having another board with a pin for every hole to punch them all at the same time would speed it way up.
I think there might be a few things they could do to speed it up. I couldn't imagine sitting there all day running production line like that.

1lb in 3 sec? Doesn't leave much room for error but by the looks of it, that stuff was powdery before it was ground. I thought that was funny too, that they sifted it before rolling. Could definitely see a bunch of trichs stuck to the bottom of the screen. 😳

Guess that's what you get in production land. They don't seem too interested in the end product, they just know they gotta get thru so much product each day. I guess I'm always leary of pre rolls. Never know what kinda shit they are trying to pass off.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think there might be a few things they could do to speed it up. I couldn't imagine sitting there all day running production line like that.

1lb in 3 sec? Doesn't leave much room for error but by the looks of it, that stuff was powdery before it was ground. I thought that was funny too, that they sifted it before rolling. Could definitely see a bunch of trichs stuck to the bottom of the screen. 😳

Guess that's what you get in production land. They don't seem too interested in the end product, they just know they gotta get thru so much product each day. I guess I'm always leary of pre rolls. Never know what kinda shit they are trying to pass off.
Agreed. With perfectly dried and cured buds, hand destemmed, you can then process it in a coffee grinder for a few pulses and get a fairly homogenous coarse grind. Using a BIG screen so you can re-grind any big chunks is a good idea - but whatever.

I like the vibrating process to pack them, but that's probably why it has to be dry. If all the good trichs are still in there that's cool. He mentioned tossing the rH packs in so by the time I get one it would probably be fine.

Probably a lot about strain selection. Sandy dry tricks over greasy ones would be good. I think that could be done very well and very efficiently with what they have. But they are using a 1g cone with .5g of weed to accommodate the top-folding-punch process. He mentioned that they had the filler piece made special. I bet it came with a 3/4g or 1g filler tray and they weren't able to make it work :) And they were underfilling the half-grams :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I take way to much pride in my joints to use a rolling machine. I can get close to a 1/8th into a 1.5" paper. I don't need a filter because of my technique. Big hella dense cones that you can smoke on and off all day. Rolling machines make me feel like John Henry.
I have some pre-rolled cones with tips for when I am in a hurry, but I also have a cone-roller and bulk papers to roll my own with or without tips. I am just getting into the non-tip version and I like it.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The problem with all of these "cone packers" is I have yet to find one that properly packs a cone. They all fall short of packing the material properly just above the filter tip. You can see what I'm talking about when he pulls that first joint out and it sags just after the filter tip. The only way to avoid this, that I have found, is to fill each cone 1/4 the way (or less) and manually pack that before filling them the rest of the way.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The problem with all of these "cone packers" is I have yet to find one that properly packs a cone. They all fall short of packing the material properly just above the filter tip. You can see what I'm talking about when he pulls that first joint out and it sags just after the filter tip. The only way to avoid this, that I have found, is to fill each cone 1/4 the way (or less) and manually pack that before filling them the rest of the way.
Me too. I got the RAW version that does six and had the same issue - same with that cone-roller-video version with the doob-tube. I just use a small kitchen funnel and since I would use that to pack that first 1/2" or so anyway I just pack the whole thing.

The problem with any production quality weed that you would require to use these processing machines is that it would need to be exactly what you're gonna get from a production quality farm.

Marlboro Weed