Finally here.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
How do you get the roots out of that net pot to up pot it? I dont know shit about hydro
If you go back and look at the old lid, I just cut that bitch off. Then put a glove on condensed the roots as tight as possible without damaging them and slide it right through, easy peasy.
Edit: ahhh just reread your comment when removing them from a smaller net pot to a larger I just cut it out. Knowing this lady was gonna stay small and I was root trimming I knew I could get away with a 4 inch through flower. From now on if I have to uppot I most likely will remove whatever roots are in the way instead of carefully cutting it free.

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
Just to offer an alternative that also works. When ready to uppot a 4" I put it inside an 8" net pot and fill with hydrotron.

I had read previously that guys would cut the 4" off the plant then uppot to 8" and some would cut the 4" where it could expand and put that inside the 8". Last run I just put the 4" inside the 8" and ran with it. Those plants both yielded a little less than 12 zips each.
Only reason I use 8" is that it gives you a little larger foot print and more weight down low. That way the plants more stable as it builds flowers.

025D1CAB-FF3B-4F55-8560-3ECB4121A375.jpeg

Now that I post that picture it has me wondering about my current grow. I kinda forgot about the inner pot lifting and getting all outta whack. I think the cage kept that in check but I don't have cages on the current plants. Only time will tell I guess.

Erick31876

Solo cup champion 2019
Just to offer an alternative that also works. When ready to uppot a 4" I put it inside an 8" net pot and fill with hydrotron.

I had read previously that guys would cut the 4" off the plant then uppot to 8" and some would cut the 4" where it could expand and put that inside the 8". Last run I just put the 4" inside the 8" and ran with it. Those plants both yielded a little less than 12 zips each.
Only reason I use 8" is that it gives you a little larger foot print and more weight down low. That way the plants more stable as it builds flowers.

View attachment 8261

Now that I post that picture it has me wondering about my current grow. I kinda forgot about the inner pot lifting and getting all outta whack. I think the cage kept that in check but I don't have cages on the current plants. Only time will tell I guess.
Damn thats a big girl!!! What made rhe inner pot lift like that, was it the roots growing and pushing it up? Again sorry if that is a dumb question, i dont know anything about hydro

Streetpro09

Tester
Damn thats a big girl!!! What made rhe inner pot lift like that, was it the roots growing and pushing it up? Again sorry if that is a dumb question, i dont know anything about hydro

You got it man. Not to plug up @yougrowyourway thread but heres a picture of the rapid rooter from one of them.

210734D8-C439-499E-9E9D-E205C7AA08E5.jpeg

The roots keep growing in diameter by the base. Some were 3/8" by chop.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
You got it man. Not to plug up @yougrowyourway thread but heres a picture of the rapid rooter from one of them.

View attachment 8282

The roots keep growing in diameter by the base. Some were 3/8" by chop.
You aren't clogging shit up. This thread is for everyone, I appreciate the consideration though. I've always thought about just putting the 4" into the 6" or 8" but I just love sitting there cutting them free lol.

Streetpro09

Tester
Kinda figured but thought I'd be courteous. I was hesitant to cut them out the first time around cause I thought what a waist of a net pot. Well after last grow I wont feel bad if I cut them out before the transplant cause they'll destroy the pots in the end anyway. Wish I would have gotten a picture before I tore them off. They were are sorts of streched!

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Man I got some still on the roll. I better get my ass in gear cause that shit looks good!
Mylar is ahmazing! You need to get in high gear, slacking on me pro lol .In the flower room we even mylared the floor 🤣 lower growth get the light it needs. I was even thinking about mylaring my tent because I don't feel the mylar siding in it is as reflective as advertised. The flood tray has better mylar then the walls make no sense lol.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Sin City Juice by @HydroRed 1/8 strength nutes diy 4 spot 3.5 gallon bucket...just need an air stone lol they'll be fine for now roots are suspended in air for now. IMG_20190531_131102.jpg
My first ever seedlings. Had I done a little more research I'd have moved them 2 days ago. With hydro as soon as the second set or third set of new leaves set in they need nutes right away. Evident by the discoloration they are displaying.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Not to tell you what to do but you don't need air stones. Just run a line in the bucket and let it bubble away. My last grow was that way and every bucket I've made sense has been one or two air lines to the bottom of the bucket.
How dare you tell me what to do with my babies!
🤣🤣🤣 Jkjkjk
I appreciate it anyway, I've done just the hose before but I prefer my bubbles smaller, creates more DO in the water. I need more hose and since I'm buying that, I'll just grab airstones as well.

Last edited: