Collecting Pollen....

BerryNice

Super Active Member
So I have a male plant that I want to collect pollen from. I have him separated from the females already. When am I able to collect pollen from him and what is the best way to store said pollen?

Here's the male "currently".
View attachment 70334
Been growing since 88 and never breed and this year I got my first male from a in house Genetics fem pack go figure

I basically only get a few random beans per pound if that

I dusted a few females but didn’t think to save the shit hahha

Fuck males fuck breeding just gonna support the breeders buy the seeds

I don’t know if my male was any good and I already gave it to my dog

I don’t even know if I will grow out any of these beans I’m making now

One member here had their male stems/flowers cut like you would with flowers in a vase on a big mirror. Then they shook the stems/flowers and made coke lines from the pollen. When I collect one day, i’ll probably go that route.
That's actually a fantastic idea. Some of the sacs started to point down so I said time to get him out. I may use that as well.

Xs121

I dont store pollen long term since I kept my breeding moving a generation forward.

What I do is collect the sacs as soon as I notice the tip slightly opening. Place them in a letter envelope and store it in a dark for 2-3 days. Around that time the sacs are dry and all I do is tap the envelope for the pollen to drop. I end up with more pollen than I need.

I used to do this with plastic/glass vial but a lot of time the pollen ends up like a cake because the moisture from the sacs cant escape. Since using the letter envelope, my pollen have never caked up and remained dusty.