Cold room

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Any advice on a workaround for cool indoor growing temps.
I run LED and have been having some issues which I think is caused by plants being too cool.
I get yellowing of lower leaves. Slow growth etc. also looks like over fertilization as well. Oh I’m in coco and dry nutes.
Besides heat how do you work around this issue?
Feed more-less, more cal mag-or less? I have since turned my flower light on in the next room to get things heated up into the high 70s and plants are recovering RH has been on the low end while cool but up now. My temps had been in the low 70s 60s at night.
My plants seem to stall stay wet and get root issues caused by the wetness when cool. Maybe heat is the only correction?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks for the ideas. I was running a space heater but maybe not hot enough. Still running it for lights out heat. Offsetting day night between rooms may help a bit.
Was just not wondering if someone noticed a different feed regime to help.
I am thinking mats and a temp controller may help with the seedlings and not having to hear the whole room.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks for the ideas. I was running a space heater but maybe not hot enough. Still running it for lights out heat. Offsetting day night between rooms may help a bit.
Was just not wondering if someone noticed a different feed regime to help.
I am thinking mats and a temp controller may help with the seedlings and not having to hear the whole room.
I have some electric "mica" heaters. They are ambient with no fans. Good for large areas or places with existing ventillation. Like a lung room. And because there's no fans they don't dry the air out much at all. I can still pet the cat and not shock myself :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I have taken to using a few of them set around my house instead of kicking on the central heat unless it gets super cold - and saved a bundle so far. Think LED heating. It's a cleaner, energy efficient heat compared to the ceramic fan heaters or propane/kerosene burners.

Amazon.com: TURBRO Arcade HR1500 Electric Mica Space Heater 1500W, Room and Office Heating with Thermostat and Safety Protection, 2 Heat Settings, Quiet, 120V, Black : Home & Kitchen

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Battery died on my camera. Everything got a little water, but on day 3 from the last one instead of day 2, and they got about half what they usually get except for a few that are really growing.

I switched out my RO Buddy 4-stage system for the 3-stage one that just takes out the main bad stuff but doesn't scrub the water. I dropped a pool test strip in the water from the COMBINED clean hose and waste hose and it was still free of chlorine and chloramine. Plants need minerals but having my treated city water run through a filter to remove the crap they treated it with is the main goal.

So far so good, no plant catastrophes or anything. But I hate adding just plain water so I usually add one or two things to each watering. Adding a ferment or a LAB is just adding 4ml per gallon so I doubt it even does much besides make me feel like I did something
1669082459879.png

So today they got LAB and fermented peach and blackberry. The cat kept sniffing around the bucket so I thought about it. I poured about a tablespoon into a bowl and the cat loved it. And this is a cat that doesn't want milk, or cat treats, or anything but the little crunchy cat food. Nothing but fan leaves and now plant food LOL

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Any advice on a workaround for cool indoor growing temps.
I run LED and have been having some issues which I think is caused by plants being too cool.
I get yellowing of lower leaves. Slow growth etc. also looks like over fertilization as well. Oh I’m in coco and dry nutes.
Besides heat how do you work around this issue?
Feed more-less, more cal mag-or less? I have since turned my flower light on in the next room to get things heated up into the high 70s and plants are recovering RH has been on the low end while cool but up now. My temps had been in the low 70s 60s at night.
My plants seem to stall stay wet and get root issues caused by the wetness when cool. Maybe heat is the only correction?
more perlite,sand, bio-char in mix next round ,might help the wet.sorry coco not soil!

Opie1

Master Grower
Your gonna want to use less nutrients for sure.
You’re gonna have to find a way to get your temps back up, if you’re gonna flower anything. If you can’t, it’d probably be better to just veg until warmer weather. Unless you’d be content with about half of what you should get.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Your gonna want to use less nutrients for sure.
You’re gonna have to find a way to get your temps back up, if you’re gonna flower anything. If you can’t, it’d probably be better to just veg until warmer weather. Unless you’d be content with about half of what you should get.
Ya I have be able to get the temps up so plants are recovering. I’m running a bunch of new gear this winter looking for keepers to run in the greenhouse next summer.
Mostly AKBB stuf. Vintage Blueberry, chocolope, MTF, 906 bluejeans, TKNL5haze and some others. Should be fun.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
I'm having similar coo tent issues, I had an LED in for seedlings and they started stalling. The Temp is the reason I believe.
I put a T5 back in to heat it up with a heat mat. Hopefully it helps.
Found a lot of info on VPD that made since to me, and connects with the temperature. I'm trying to dial in the humidity and leaf temperature
Those heaters H.A.F. mentioned I was looking at in the store the other day I might have to try one out.