CocoLoco with a side gnats.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Fairly certain they’re in the bag, only tent with gnats is my veg box and ive not had them till I got a bag of cocoloco.

I was wanting to up pot into more of the same. Can I bake it in the oven or on the grill without having bad effects? It’s a coco mix. Just curious if that will work? There’s alot of other things I’ve said I want to do with it under my breathe, but I’ll try to use it.

My old man used to bake his soil in his greenhouse, but his garden kinda sucked in there.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Do you already have plants in it?

If not, hydrogen peroxide will kill the soil borne ones, larvae and eggs.

Another thing to look into is beneficial nematodes. I haven't had to use them, but I've read they work great with fungus gnats.

I don't see why you couldn't bake it, if that's what you want to do.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Do you already have plants in it?

If not, hydrogen peroxide will kill the soil borne ones, larvae and eggs.

Another thing to look into is beneficial nematodes. I haven't had to use them, but I've read they work great with fungus gnats.

I don't see why you couldn't bake it, if that's what you want to do.
ive got seedlings in it.

How would you recommend I wash it with peroxide? Thought about throwing it in the chest freezer for a week. Move the bodies out of the way first.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I had that problem with a bag of Root Farm hydroponic medium. I watered the plants with 3% peroxide a couple of days and kept the fan on the surface of the pots...they went away pretty fast.

Baking coco would work too.

Funny i have always used botanicare coco bricks and never got gnats...1 bag of that root farm shit and gnats for days. I would rather water coco every day than deal with gnats.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I put the bag in the freezer. Ill leave it there till I need to up pot, talk about a shock to the roots :LOL: Ill warm it up first.

I have neem oil and azamax. I just watered last night, Ill add neem and aza and give them a good soaking tonight or tomorrow. Already put a bigger fan in there to try and run the assholes off.

All my stuff is moving today to the garage, hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come