CO2 to Cure or Preserve?

I've read you can use dry ice for a quick cure. I'm not going to go into that method. I have a tank about the size of a scuba tank of compressed CO2. Can this be used to aid in the cure process? What made me think of this is an old head I know mentioned that back when he was growing as he was curing his buds he would burp the jars and when he was ready to close them back again he would blow a big breath into the jars. This made me think that maybe CO2 had some benefit there. I have read some conflicting stuff on this such as the buds needing oxygen for conversion of some specific goodies we are after. If nothing else I may use CO2 to try and increase the shelf life of my buds after the initial cure once burping is no longer required. Any thoughts on this?

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I've read you can use dry ice for a quick cure. I'm not going to go into that method. I have a tank about the size of a scuba tank of compressed CO2. Can this be used to aid in the cure process? What made me think of this is an old head I know mentioned that back when he was growing as he was curing his buds he would burp the jars and when he was ready to close them back again he would blow a big breath into the jars. This made me think that maybe CO2 had some benefit there. I have read some conflicting stuff on this such as the buds needing oxygen for conversion of some specific goodies we are after. If nothing else I may use CO2 to try and increase the shelf life of my buds after the initial cure once burping is no longer required. Any thoughts on this?
I'd like to see it done properly and with some care and then try it. I've had co2 packaged buds from rare dankness and it wasn't anything to get excited over. But that's commercial scale stuff. If it was done in a way that the end product mattered it could be different.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I can't answer your question but it made me think of a new book bought a while back. Beyond Buds Next Generation by Ed Rosenthal. I learned a lot of good info from it concerning harvesting curing and concentrates. As usual lots of great photography of concentrates.

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Yeah i’m just gonna underline the obvious aspect here, as you mentioned, the curing we prefer is an aerobic one. Now i read there is also anaerobic curing but the sources also suggest the effects of the smoke changes when the buds have been cured anaerobic. Now generally, as far as taste and quality, people prefer aerobic.

Also blowing a breath in to a jar before closing doesn’t sound like a good idea. First, that exhaled breath still contains a good amount of oxygen. Not all co2. Second, you also introduce a good amount of moisture from your lungs. I only had mold on buds once and that was when i tried to moisten them with a wet piece of tissue paper in the jar.

So i prefer an open curing with lots of air. Maybe you can do co2 after the cure but i don’t really know what that would contribute to the situation.