Cloning Space Efficiency

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't do mass quantities, but the oasis horticubes work great, and they are free standing. You can stick a tray-sized sheed in a 1020 or break them apart and they are free standing. Lets you space them as needed instead of as defined by how many pockets are in the stater and which ones you use.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
View attachment 90647Been walking the fine line of trying to optimize space without overcrowding. Until 100% root I feel like Im failing. What does everyone else do in terms of ‘spacing’ their clones?
Looking sexy. If your worried about pm or something you really dont need all that humidity I feel. I cloned over winter without a dome in 30% with just coco water and azos. Even the little snips only 3 inches when taken rooted. I put some in shot glass solos for a test cause your media only needs to cover where your rooting and when they do they show in the holes of the bottom and makes for a easy/early/quick transplant. A little tray with a bunch of these would work great F&D style

PNWStrainHunter

Sending People Herpes
Banned
Looking sexy. If your worried about pm or something you really dont need all that humidity I feel. I cloned over winter without a dome in 30% with just coco water and azos. Even the little snips only 3 inches when taken rooted. I put some in shot glass solos for a test cause your media only needs to cover where your rooting and when they do they show in the holes of the bottom and makes for a easy/early/quick transplant. A little tray with a bunch of these would work great F&D style
I use the domes to help them with the shock the first few days. Usually 48 hours with vents closed, then open for a few days, and removed entirely after a week.
You talking about fresh cuts directly into soil?

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I use the domes to help them with the shock the first few days. Usually 48 hours with vents closed, then open for a few days, and removed entirely after a week.
You talking about fresh cuts directly into soil?
I put cuts from the same plants into their own cup of ro water when I'm taking them. Depending on how much shit I'm doing they can to from 10 minutes to a few hours in the cup. Sure longer wouldn't hurt. Then into a azos mix with very little water. Almost a paste. I stick that straight into coco moistened with a touch of cal and mag and call it a day. Mist the top or water from bottom depending on what I got going on.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
For me, once I switched to water for clones my success rate shot up drastically
If I was large scale cloning this is something I'd consider for sure. It's rare something doesnt root for me. Even in the worst conditions and even if it takes 2 weeks they will root. Usually only about a week they will start grasping and by day 10 12 they got enough to hold them down in a larger pot.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I even neglect themView attachment 90743
But they just want to liveView attachment 90745
Only thing I dont like about these is say you got 1 bad plant that had ipm or something viral etc. You can fuck alot up really quick. Same thing with f&d so I been trying to think of a system that isolates clones in small plug size media locations without their roots or water mixing. Same time I've never had ipm thank god but this last run has me feeling weird. I've never had so many leaf mutations. I'll show you some later

Higher Self

This method won't appeal to everyone but I use 100٪ water. 2-3 cuts per water bottle is good, no water change. Averaging 7-10 days to root, only one I cant get to root is an older sick plant. Got tired of buying stuff & eventually wasting rooting plugs bc I take more clones than I need. "Kratky Kloning" its no waste or electricity.

20210509_211548.jpg
20210509_212125.jpg

PNWStrainHunter

Sending People Herpes
Banned
This method won't appeal to everyone but I use 100٪ water. 2-3 cuts per water bottle is good, no water change. Averaging 7-10 days to root, only one I cant get to root is an older sick plant. Got tired of buying stuff & eventually wasting rooting plugs bc I take more clones than I need. "Kratky Kloning" its no waste or electricity.

View attachment 90866
View attachment 90867
R/O water?
My buddy does this with his well water. My R/O water wont do it, Ive tried hundreds, I get half by fresh cuts just right into soil. Similar tech but skipping a step, but then there is also the initial unknown of whether its rooting