Cloning question

Autodoctor

So I trimmed a bunch of sucker branches off my plants. Usually do it earlier than this if I do it but autos flower and grow pretty fast. These would have just been larf and normally just leave it and make edibles or what ever with it but this time I trimmed off just to see what the diff is than leaving. Can they or is it worth using these as clones or just toss. Have it in a glass of water for the time being. If it’s worth cloning what are the easiest steps and what’s needed. I hate asking before goggling how to but we all now not all is good from what you read online
AC570AC3-EF39-4DA6-9AA2-BF59E52CF740.jpeg9F286BCB-26C0-4D05-87FB-040F49EB432C.jpeg

Attachments

So I trimmed a bunch of sucker branches off my plants. Usually do it earlier than this if I do it but autos flower and grow pretty fast. These would have just been larf and normally just leave it and make edibles or what ever with it but this time I trimmed off just to see what the diff is than leaving. Can they or is it worth using these as clones or just toss. Have it in a glass of water for the time being. If it’s worth cloning what are the easiest steps and what’s needed. I hate asking before goggling how to but we all now not all is good from what you read online
View attachment 106893View attachment 106894
You can clone them. However, looking at the plant you posted the larf probably already is flowering.
You won't get much root action. But if you use some coco, you'd probably be able to feed them and flower them in a decent manner.

With that being said, you can clone lower branches earlier on and flower them independently with these autos.
Autoflower breeders haven't been selecting for plants that root clones quickly so not all phenos will work out.
(to my knowledge) Sounds dumb until you do it, with in mind plant counts and such.

It's pretty neat though. Little 7gram sticks in solo cups. Or like mentioned if you go coco and have the time to feed more frequently, daily...
Then probably pump them up a bit more. But yeah - the timing might be a bit too late here. If you've got them in water, why not though ~

I'm not sure i see the point in cloning an auto. It's not like you can veg again and reflower. 😬
High there amigo. Don't want to be a downer here.
There are many reasons you'd clone one.
S1's, R1's, OX's, IX's - Different foods, different mediums, different lights etc.

But the main reason seems to be, because people say you can't.
I smoke big doinks off some cloned autoflower sticks ~

Streetpro09

Tester
High there amigo. Don't want to be a downer here.
There are many reasons you'd clone one.
S1's, R1's, OX's, IX's - Different foods, different mediums, different lights etc.

But the main reason seems to be, because people say you can't.
I smoke big doinks off some cloned autoflower sticks ~
Wouldn't you have to be in the process of making seeds for that to work? Op mentions nothing about making seeds.

It's not like you could clone a clone and keep the genetics going, right? So again, i don't see the point in this circumstance.

Would have been better to leave them on the plant and put some lighting on the sides in hopes they would bulk up/get dense.

Wouldn't you have to be in the process of making seeds for that to work? Op mentions nothing about making seeds.

It's not like you could clone a clone and keep the genetics going, right? So again, i don't see the point in this circumstance.

Would have been better to leave them on the plant and put some lighting on the sides in hopes they would bulk up/get dense.
Yeah, I was just answering the sentament of 'don't see the point' in cloning autoflower.
Surely the OP didn't mention making seed brother man.

You can not clone a clone to keep the genetic going, no. You can clone and flower it independently though.

Leaving them on the plant and providing side light isn't really feasible imo. Depending on the setup and also the electric / access to extra lighting etc.
Chances are the side lighting is a fraction of wattage as the main lights. So why polish turds? No point in that ~

Streetpro09

Tester
Yeah, I was just answering the sentament of 'don't see the point' in cloning autoflower.
Surely the OP didn't mention making seed brother man.

You can not clone a clone to keep the genetic going, no. You can clone and flower it independently though.

Leaving them on the plant and providing side light isn't really feasible imo. Depending on the setup and also the electric / access to extra lighting etc.
Chances are the side lighting is a fraction of wattage as the main lights. So why polish turds? No point in that ~
Yeah that statement was pretty vague. I'm not trying to be hostile. Make no mistake, I'm no auto grower and am merely asking questions. I've read a little here and there about breading them but never thought much about it.

Your last statement, I'm not sure i follow. If they are turds on the plant, what makes them pretty flowers off the plant?

I would think you'd need additional lighting to flower said clones out "beautifully". Or build some kind of shelving/ support system to raise them up to the original lighting source? Sounds like alot of extra hassle/upkeep. Might as well just drop new seeds and continue the cycle of growing autosflowers.

Kulla380

Really Active Member
Hey is that from Barneys? Looks identical to one my mate is growing.
Don't know anything about.cloning an auto tho

Autodoctor

I normally leave it to grow but figured I would try something a little diff. Just waited to long on the decision and I am one that hates to waist anything honestly. Was planning on tossing but figured I would ask for opinions first.Only reason I would wanna try is just out of sure curiosity if can be done as far as more yield in total by growing it out in solo or 1 gln pots. I know you can’t reveg an auto but was curious to see if something can come out of what would be 2 grams of larf and get a little more out of it than that. I normally just leave it and grow it best it can and use with trimmings to make a little dry sift. Some off last grow. And not enough space in 3x3 and four plants for side lights. May need to expand a little
406D1779-35EE-4C4D-B66C-D9DE73485E58.jpeg5EE8A6D1-F589-4529-9DA3-2066FA9B9368.jpeg1EC38D52-8470-4C50-9C1D-F4EFAEA9CDD4.jpeg8A8C1D5D-D5BA-49F9-AE1D-3A7DAD5226EF.jpeg

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
You can clone them. However, looking at the plant you posted the larf probably already is flowering.
You won't get much root action. But if you use some coco, you'd probably be able to feed them and flower them in a decent manner.

With that being said, you can clone lower branches earlier on and flower them independently with these autos.
Autoflower breeders haven't been selecting for plants that root clones quickly so not all phenos will work out.
(to my knowledge) Sounds dumb until you do it, with in mind plant counts and such.

It's pretty neat though. Little 7gram sticks in solo cups. Or like mentioned if you go coco and have the time to feed more frequently, daily...
Then probably pump them up a bit more. But yeah - the timing might be a bit too late here. If you've got them in water, why not though ~
I do this for outdoor crosses, that’s how I keep my autos around, I have a male with a recessive auto allele, so I just use that in a cycle of madness storing the auto gene and recovering it. It’s a pain in the ass but if you have space for it, it does beat buying seeds, and you can tailor them to suit your needs and tastes.