Clone run vs seed

Peacehead

“Cannabis plants take months from the time they are germinated to become sexually mature and to fully express their potency and flavors. If a plant hasn't been alive from seed for at least 5-6 months (I do this by cloning them and running a 2nd time) you may get rid of something exceptional without ever realizing it. I know this is a gigantic pain in the ass but I swear it's true, and often why people complain when growing S1's that they're "not as good as the original". Stuff I grow from seed is almost ALWAYS better when I run it the 2nd time. I've had clones from stuff I've run from seeds that I kept around accidentally that totally blew my mind when I ran it again.

If you're one of those pot snobs that's always finding your runs from seed fall short compared to your runs of proven clones try a second run of the best few and see if this changes things for you.”

This was in a newsletter from Katsu. What are your thoughts on this? Maybe worth it to hold on to some of the non keepers a bit longer to see how big of a difference the terp and potency expressions change?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Entirely dependent on your available acreage, available beans waiting in the wings, etc. I agree with hanging on to them until the smoke report, maybe even until after a longer cure on the mom if you have space. But I don't see re-running it if the mom sucked.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was thinking more about this - as I was smoking on some well cured tester stuff. A full cure will bring out (or change, or kill) terps, but the buzz is the buzz. After it is dry enough to to burn in a doob the buzz can be checked. The taste will get better as the chlorophyll degrades , maybe some of the secondary canabinoids kick in and bring something to the party, lots of things a cigar or wine person might ping on - but the buzz is the buzz. It may get a little better but not that much. The overall experience will be better later, but after a week to ten days you should know.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I bought cuts for this reason.
To prove this year if a mac1 cut can outperform the dubstep, LT x AC, gg4 x AC , LT s1s from seed

FluffySquish

Sofa King
The clone the I have managed to run a couple extra times cures out to exactly the same as the original mom. We're gonna try again with cloned keepers from the last run.

I need to get better at keeping clones healthy and waiting while the mothers ripen.