Cleaning pollinated females

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
After a female has been pollinated is there anything that can be done to rid the plan of stray pollen so that its safer to interact with the plan without contaminating other grows? I feel like I am neglecting my the plants in the breeding tent for fears of contaminating my other grows.
From what I understand, just spraying the plants with water will make the pollen inert.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Years ago in my GH I tried to pollinate specific branches on a few plants.
Put a gal baggie over said branches, all went well I thought.
Took em off the next day and sprayed them down.
Smoked all of that weed later on.....never found a seed!
Wish my interest would have been peaked then....googled this

The pollen, once it touches the stigmas of the female plant, still takes 3 to 5 days to reach the calyx and the ovary, and for fertilization to occur. So, once you have carried out the first pollination, return the female plant to its place, irrigate it after 3 or 4 days, and pollinate it again, just in case.

Vee

Ancient Member
After a female has been pollinated is there anything that can be done to rid the plan of stray pollen so that its safer to interact with the plan without contaminating other grows? I feel like I am neglecting my the plants in the breeding tent for fears of contaminating my other grows.
after pollination I spray the plant with water, after letting the plant sit for an hour for the pollen to work, dip dry and return

some guys cover the plant with a towel or trash bag,

Icemud

I spray down all of my pollinated females about 1 week after I shake a male (open pollination) and let the pollen fly. I generally will do this about 2-3x during the entire pollination period (day 15-day 35 roughly). I don't add anything to the spray except just water as I don't want to damage the pistils or burn them. Usually once I remove the male plants from the grow and the pollination is complete I will spray down the plants, tent and wipe down lights and other surfaces to prevent the pollen from getting all over, as well as letting the leaves be clean and free from the loads of pollen that fall on the leaves.