Chucking newbies!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Hi

I have never deliberatly grown a male and i am reading up on it. He is starting to open up some of those flowers.

Any suggestions to make life easy when collecting pollen on the whole male?

When would i harvest it? the pollen i mean. I take care of this one usually at night so there is no cross pollination.

Bhangi Haze male day 27 of 12-12
DSCF3925.JPG

DSCF3923.JPG

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So i went up there this morning AFTER i checked the rest of my stuff out. I gave it a tap and i could kind of see it. Then i tapped it and all the pollen vanished....

Pretty funny eh....turn off the fan and scrubber :D lol.

So I cut a couple of tops and threw them in a paper bag in the tent.

And just in case I put in 1 pig whistle that is at the right spot for getting knocked up i think :D I will shake that bhangi haze all over her later.

I will get seeds. A gabillion. [Red Headed Stranger X Stardawg] X [Nepalese X Congo]. Lets hope the stardawg fattens those whispy buds lol.

I do see the danger though. One shake and it was pollen dust all over the place. I had a shower after and washed my clothes because i have been wasted away in seedville far too long.

Just to be sure i have something to enter I will pick one of the Skeleton Cookies and put it in that tent too. Everyone in the harem!

And after really pondering this over some doobage with an old pal....This will be my only intentional seed run. Probably ever.

The risk is too great for me. And...i have 100s of beans that were bred by way smarter breeders.

I had my fill with the accidental chuckery that i have been part of for a while now :D

I might needle in the haystack it but....I know i have dozens of fire strains...proven :D

Last edited:

Vee

Ancient Member
as soon as I recognize a male I pot down from about 3usg to about 1.5? usg(7.5Litres)
this makes if very easy to move around with little fear of any cross contamination
in fact I've been known to crop him right down to 1-2 stalks each 24-36" high

Back in the early days I did have some Herm on me..
which I suggest is due to the repot and serious cropping I give him
in which case I trash the poor guy ..then start
I've yet to have any Herms for many years ...lol this maybe why?

collecting the pollen is done by leaning the male plant on a mirror (as suggested elsewhere on CP)
in a dark closet and scraping up the pollen in the morning then appyling with a cotton bud

I also remove any 'about to open pollen balls' as often the new balls are sterile
the last 2 matings were crap as often in a hurry only pollinate 1-2 times as 3-4 times is best
once pollinated I trash the male

allow the female to sit resting for an hour spray with water then back with the others

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Nothing to see here...i even read that Schwaggy write up before but those gummies.

I am going to read it in detail now. :D

And the panic set in when i saw those nuts and some how i didnt see that the day before.

When i shook that plant it was like a cloud of pollen...poof. That is not how you do it.

Instead of a coffee stick i used karate !

That was really really close. After this all boys get culled. :)

Last edited: