Chuck on this!!

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Starting my chucking thread, It truly is like they say, when you start chucking your own seeds it becomes an addiction. Creating your own unique gear is a blast!! I am by no means a breeder but I would not mind learning how to be one.
So my first project was pollinating my Newberry mom with Mac. My Newberry mom has rock hard , resin coated budz and smells of Bluberry, wine and a hint of skunk. Leaves turn black during flower.
My goal here is to record my journey from seed harvest to harvesting out the progeny

So to kick it off here are some pics of the seeds ripening. Following up when the seeds are harvested, and then grown out.

Attachments

Starting my chucking thread, It truly is like they say, when you start chucking your own seeds it becomes an addiction. Creating your own unique gear is a blast!! I am by no means a breeder but I would not mind learning how to be one.
So my first project was pollinating my Newberry mom with Mac. My Newberry mom has rock hard , resin coated budz and smells of Bluberry, wine and a hint of skunk. Leaves turn black during flower.
My goal here is to record my journey from seed harvest to harvesting out the progeny

So to kick it off here are some pics of the seeds ripening. Following up when the seeds are harvested, and then grown out.
Now that is exactly the type of chuck that I want to see the results. If this works out, I'd be more that willing to test those out for you. If by any chance you have any extra Pollen from that MAC, I'd be a taker, ready to shell out some moula for it too.

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Now that is exactly the type of chuck that I want to see the results. If this works out, I'd be more that willing to test those out for you. If by any chance you have any extra Pollen from that MAC, I'd be a taker, ready to shell out some moula for it too.
Hey man, if everything works out well I will be willing to let ppl test them out if this kinda cross is something they are interested in. I know I cant wait to see what happens with them. The Pollen was shared so I am not quite certain on what may be left but I will check into it...

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Ok so my mom was harvested but, I left the seeded branch to keep on flowering, it been 9 weeks since pollinating. I took off a couple seeds with no pollen sacs and a couple that had all brown pollen sacs. These are fresh off the flower, do they still need more time or what?View attachment 18694View attachment 18696
I'm not sure. The bottom one is nice and dark but the others do look a bit unusual so perhaps they need a little more time. Typically you want to wait till they developed striping on the seed.

But I mean if you pollinated them 9 weeks then they shouldn't need anymore time. Maybe the pollen and flowers just aren't making healthy seeds.

Did the plants struggle through flower? If the plant isn't healthy during flower it will have trouble producing healthy seeds.

Let the seeds dry up a bit and then try the crush test on them, just lightly apply pressure to the seed with your finger and thumb. If it pops easily they're not good.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
My bad. I just read the thread. These seeds are from mac and newberry so I'm guessing it is just genetics with the seed's appearance. Let them dry and do crush test to make sure they're good. If they're not soft then they should be good.

Both mac and blueberry have funky traits in the genes so that might be why the seeds look a bit odd. Nothing wrong with weird looking seeds if they pop and grow healthy plants though!

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
The first set of pics is from 7/20/2019 and those arent really looking 5 weeks pollenated to me? Granted, Ive never grown out a MAC or any of its crosses so I dont know what to expect or look for with its offspring.

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
I'm not sure. The bottom one is nice and dark but the others do look a bit unusual so perhaps they need a little more time. Typically you want to wait till they developed striping on the seed.

But I mean if you pollinated them 9 weeks then they shouldn't need anymore time. Maybe the pollen and flowers just aren't making healthy seeds.

Did the plants struggle through flower? If the plant isn't healthy during flower it will have trouble producing healthy seeds.

Let the seeds dry up a bit and then try the crush test on them, just lightly apply pressure to the seed with your finger and thumb. If it pops easily they're not good.
Not at all, the mom came out beautifully, I was surprised it was the most nute friendly strain of the bunch..I am deeply puzzled...

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Just being honest, those dont look like 9wk old seeds. Id say to let em go a bit more. Reason I say this is because of how pointy the couple seeds are and how white they are still on the ends.
The plants were pollinated on June 15th, I am not sure if it's just the cross. I have read that Mac can a beast to cross. It is a super poly. Hopefully you fine people will stick by till the end result is in.