Choosing what to buy and grow.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
How do you choose and where do you get it?

Sorry, that's vague.

My wife and I have been smoking some LA Confidential. We like it so i'd like to grow it. I found it at DNA Genetics and was ready to buy but they don't ship to the US. Found it at Dinafem and they don't ship to the US either.

I'd be perfectly happy with a substitute that is available in the US. I was considering 9 pound hammer since I can actually buy it and it isn't too expensive. But I have no idea if it is a good replacement for LA Confidential.

Along those same lines I grew some Sweet Cheese fast version for my first grow. My wife says it smells disgusting, but likes it because it suppresses her appetite. I'd like to grow something that smells a bit better. What is a nice appetite suppressing cultivar that is available and not too expensive.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN

Sorry, that's vague.

My wife and I have been smoking some LA Confidential. We like it so i'd like to grow it. I found it at DNA Genetics and was ready to buy but they don't ship to the US. Found it at Dinafem and they don't ship to the US either.

I'd be perfectly happy with a substitute that is available in the US. I was considering 9 pound hammer since I can actually buy it and it isn't too expensive. But I have no idea if it is a good replacement for LA Confidential.

Along those same lines I grew some Sweet Cheese fast version for my first grow. My wife says it smells disgusting, but likes it because it suppresses her appetite. I'd like to grow something that smells a bit better. What is a nice appetite suppressing cultivar that is available and not too expensive.
Dude yes. DNA! Have you checked out Neptune’s? I have not ordered from them but SensibleSeeds has some nice deals and freebies for DNA right now I’m following them on IG :)

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Dude yes. DNA! Have you checked out Neptune’s? I have not ordered from them but SensibleSeeds has some nice deals and freebies for DNA right now I’m following them on IG :)
Do you mean Neptune Seed Bank? They don't seem to list anything from DNA. :( And I think I'm going to go with a US seed bank. Yeah, that is not cool but I'm not comfortable sending money outside the US for seeds.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
the cross ive been running for a year or so has La confidential in it. became 1 of my all time favorite strains

i choose strains based on what i like or what i have had in the past. i choose some strains bc i think they will have the benefits im looking for Some i choose bc they might be popular at the time. its all about you

Last edited:

I AM

Crockett’s Confidential is a beautiful indica plant with typical LA Con structure. Produces large dense flowers covered in resin. Fruity smell of apricot and grape with an earthly undertone. Crockett's Confidential is easily one of the favorites from our collection! Expect large yields both indoors and outdoors.

LA Confidential X Family Secret
30% Sativa 70% Indica
8-9 weeks Flowering

Your welcome.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado

Sorry, that's vague.

I have bought dna through seedsupreme . Quality for sure

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Crockett’s Confidential is a beautiful indica plant with typical LA Con structure. Produces large dense flowers covered in resin. Fruity smell of apricot and grape with an earthly undertone. Crockett's Confidential is easily one of the favorites from our collection! Expect large yields both indoors and outdoors.

LA Confidential X Family Secret
30% Sativa 70% Indica
8-9 weeks Flowering

Your welcome.
2nd this. Crockett puts out some serious fire. my buddys citrus sap was really good.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
What to buy? Sounds like you already know what you like. Lookup the lineages of the strains you enjoy, and study genetic lineages a bit in general. It's a good way to help you sift through everything that's out there, and you'll find lots of things that are similar, or have what you like in a cross, etc.

Where to buy? I consider myself a bargain seed shopper. Greenpoint, and now GLO, are my goto's. There's a bunch on DC seed exchange I'm eyeballing, as well as Eso's gear. Haven't had much of seed budget lately (wife and I just started a new business)

Neptune, Oregon, and a few others are good, though not exactly bargains. But, might be the only option if you're looking for something specific. Likewise for those across the pond. I used to order a lot from Herbies and Attitude years ago. Attitude's freebies are some of the best for the overseas banks IMO.