Choice of medium & nutes ?

ShysteGrow

novicegrower
Need some advice on what medium to use !! Was doing about a 40 40 20 ffof ffhf and perlite w fox farm trio nutes .. didn't have a ppm meter so really was just playing a guessing game w the nutes as I'm still tryna learn but I just ordered bluelab growers toolbox from Amazon comes with ph and ppm pen and was thinking about a new fresh start trying something different this run ! What's everyone use from medium to nutes ? Thanks , cheers !

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
For years we ran promix coco HP with myco but recently I have been mixing 50/50 with build a soil 3.0 version and have been liking the results. We are still not into teas so we use True Plant science's The One which is veg and bloom using at about 50% strength and love the results. Leaves almost no residue on the bags which I like and other than a bit of calmag and signal bloom booster nothing else.

Went in our tomato bags also as they loved this mix last season.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
For soil I run a 1:1 mix of Nectar for the Gods #4 and Elevation Organics Basecamp. For nutrients I top dress with Elevation Organics Mountain Blossoms Vegetation 7-2-3 (during veg), Elevation Organics Mountain Blossoms Rose & Flower 3-10-3 during flower, and my plant seem to love it. Other than that all I do is brew up a weekly tea for the plants and mix a little CalMag into it before it is brewed.

Mr. Krinkle

I love Royal Gold Tupur

Nutes - im currently using Nutrifield Coco A&B but eventually im gonna run out of that and not be able to get that anymore....so probably some other coco a&b and hopefully not house and garden - thats what i switched from when i was introduced to the Nutrifield....for a couple years in between, i used the Earth Juice Just for Coir A&B - that was great but they stopped making it because it didn't sell well - i would've stuck with that

anyway - so that as a base, then Ecklonia Kelp, Roots HPK, and Soul Big Swell but only weeks 2 through 5 at 5ml/gal - that's it - that's my flower recipe

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Coco coir. Really digging the gorilla boost. Nice blend of fiber and pith and their process saves a ass ton of water from being wasted in processing. I liked the botanicare too but last time I ordered they sent the wrong shit and I was tired of overpaying online.

Nutes. If you hand water the single part mega is hard to beat for veg. That and add some extra aminos etc to tweak it to your liking if you want. Maybe a k2sio4 foliar here and there and they do great. Hydro systems dont seem to like it too much from what I've read. They gunk etc. If going salts jacks is hard to beat. I like the dro with bennies and organics that provide pgrs and other things to the action. You get the best of both worlds and ridiculous growth rates.

Some of my favorite additives
Agsil16 h for potassium silicate
Coconut powder
Aloe powder
Alfalfa tea foliar
Kelp

If anyone has a nice bloom formula hand made or something reasonable for coco let your boy know.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Check out growgreenmichigan . If your in Michigan especially. They got a dank deals section that cycles and there are some fantastic finds sometimes.
For ph you can get away with using drops if you dont want to deal with a meter. Cost, Maintaining, calibrating, braking etc. This and a blu lab truncheon and your rock solid for very low cost. The potential for failure, breaking etc is quite low and even though you may lack a bit of precision, they will get the job done time and time again.

StonedAgeGrower

90% of the time I run my own Organic Super Soil mixes these days, which is a mix of equal parts Peat or Coir, earthworm castings, perlite, and then heavily amended w Kelp Meal, Crab Meal, Azomite, Alfalfa Meal etc. Produces consistent, great results and don't have to mess w ph or ec meters.

However if I'm doing a large hunt, I run Coco and Jack's 3-2-1 w a few additives (microbes, silica). This let's me get more plants in smaller pots for a large pheno hunt. Still get great results, I just prefer the flavor/smoke of organics more these days