Chemo testing

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
There are a ton of labs out there doing cannabinoid and terpene testing these days. Does anyone have any experience with any of the labs? What lab has the most comprehensive test? What lab has the cheapest test? What labs work with small scale / armature breeders?

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
None. Unless your are licensed. Which is a huge fucking hassle. And then you might as well be running 10s or 100s of samples because it aint cheap for a handful of pulls.
No lab will run a sample for you unless dea approves. Not many companies or growers licensed are able to do an adequate R and D, because the margins are thinner than a restaurant in general.

Now if you could go a route like Jodrey and run an in house gc, than your in business. You have to look at what they are using for standards as well.....aka we dont even have a standardized set of terpeniods applicable to the plant....

It could be a useful tool, but even if we start to understand it, it will never be a stand alone tool, or shouldnt be.

I wouldnt use Phylos either.

Edit: Im intentionally vague because things change but these labs are ideally setup to test the bare minimum and not for in depth testing. If I wanted to test for a PUP [plant utility patent], then the commercial process would be more suitable.

Last edited:

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Thats the sense I was getting, thats unfortunate.

What's your issue with them? I thought Jodrey basically calmed/settled all the issues the public had with Phylos. They don't have anyones breeder males so there is no risk of them actually stealing anyones lines.
They only do short path [read] PCR which is far more qualatative than quantitative. That is all. The rest I cant comment on, because I dont know.

With no other context.....Lines can easily be taken because we lack access to PVP AND PUP rights. Not saying they are or arent but I cant confirm they dont or do have paternal stock, either, so cant dismiss the notion from their past body of work.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They only do short path [read] PCR which is far more qualatative than quantitative. That is all. The rest I cant comment on, because I dont know.

With no other context.....Lines can easily be taken because we lack access to PVP AND PUP rights. Not saying they are or arent but I cant confirm they dont or do have paternal stock, either, so cant dismiss the notion from their past body of work.
Do you trust the online site that says they don't keep your credit card info? Company policy may be completely different from what Joe Microscope dude thinks when he pulls some genetic FIRE off of the mass spectrometer.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
As far as just content testing, THC/CBD/CBG etc. here's an idea from the Ardent website - the testing facility they use to check the efficacy of their decarbed vs fresh stuff.
1603665906992.png

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Do you trust the online site that says they don't keep your credit card info? Company policy may be completely different from what Joe Microscope dude thinks when he pulls some genetic FIRE off of the mass spectrometer.
I dont follow....I think I stated basically the same thing.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
I was agreeing with you. If you are worried about genetic propriety then sending stuff out to be tested might not be the thing to do.
Yes, there are no laws to "steal" an unlawful substance basically. Quantitative testing for breeding criteria is a new field and it mostly doesnt exist either....:)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
11.34mg per Ounce? That stuff is SHIT!
I forget what that article was about, I think they compared infusing Vegetable Glycerine and Polypropylene Glycol - one doesn't accept THC for shit, the other is about 90% infusion.

Main thing on that is the contact info at the bottom for someone that wants to do testing to investigate on their own

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Bringing back this old thread. Looks like new/used lab equipment to do this will run in the 16-20k range. That is not outrageous for a piece of business equipment. What are labs charging per test? $10? $100? More? Would anyone actually pay to have their shit tested if a company/lab was offering services to amateurs?