CBD harvest, what to look for?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Both of these articles say to harvest when they go from clear to milky.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
How can I tell when CBD is ready? Will it turn Amber?
Thanks in advance...
What does you CBD plant look like? I’ve got one on the go, but it’s only a few weeks old. I’d like to see what a mature, indoor grown CBD plant looks like.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't remember where I read it, but it was an article or a high times blog, not on a forum. The CBD in regular plants that also have THC supposedly matures later in flower, like towards the end of the THC ripening.

I wish I had a link, but it's definitely a good question. @Heisenbeans @Gu~~~ probably know since they are selling the hemp at Greenpoint.

I think you have a big enough plant to take some at different ripeness and see for yourself. :sneaky:

JAG

CBD2020a.jpg

Real temps in the greenhouse
GHtemps2020.jpg

Its been awhile for curing. Lets wrap this one up.
I took that plant down in three cuttings 10-21, 11-2, 11-12. They are all basically the same awesome tasting smoke! BUT, 10 mins later nothing. Lots of resin NOT full of THC. The strength of the CBD is yet to be determed.
Will be making some kind of edible with it all.
26 Quart/Ounces. Taste Lemon&Pine.
She did grow in those conditions thermally.
Never really watered it, water table is 8-9' ground water is less.
In the end it needed 3 weeks of electric heat. defrost setting.
All from an Exreemly small seed. Tiny.

printer

Super Active Member
I tried to find information on the right time to harvest CBD plants, I read the same thing of harvesting them when milky. Which would be great if I had a warm and fuzzy feeling as to why that was the right time. But I have nothing to point to as far as anyone doing testing to determine when was the best time. It will be interesting to hear what you find with the three different harvesting dates.