Cannabis Garden 2021 Outdoor Grow

Hey Everyone, what's going on

I wanted to make a grow journal for the 2021 season. I'm growing 7 plants this year and I'm pretty excited about it. I plan to post photos maybe once a month

Most of my genetics are either from Digital Genetics or Doc's Dank Seeds.

These of the strains I'm growing this year:
Bear Creek Kush F2 (2 plants)
Slymeball
The Durban Special
The White Star
Currant Kush F3 x Creamy Berry Blue (2 plants)

So please forgive my late start on this grow journal! 😅

All these plants started from regular seeds so I started everything inside inside under 12/12 lighting then changed to 18/6 to revert back to veg after finding the females. I'd planned to move everything outside around the first or second week or May, but temperatures started to warm up late in March so I got a bit overzealous and moved everything out almost 2 months before when I'd originally planned. This turned out to be a bad idea 😅. We had some freezing weather a week later, but also had some plants start to prematurely flower! I'm working to reveg those plants by using landscape lighting to provide additional lighting, but growth is still a bit sluggish

Lets talk about the first plant, Currant Kush x Creamy Berry Blue. This is the first plant that I noticed had started to prematurely flower. That was about a week ago, but since then I defoliated the heck out of her and trimmed the tips of the fan leaves. She looks to be in the very early stages of revegging thankfully
20210427_122721.jpg

Moving on to the Slymeball. Man this strain has such a lovely thick stem while also being quite lanky! I started her a few weeks after most of the other strains. I accidentally burned the heck out of her with some hot compost, but she's recovered since them and is doing well. I just topped her today. I'm really excited for her and am glad she never prematurely flowered!
20210427_122727.jpg

Moving on the Bear Creek Kush F2. This plant is the start of the garden. She's manages to avoid stress and preflowering so she's never slower her growth. I love the lanky growth pattern on her and and tell her terps are to die for! She's been a pleasure to grow and I can't wait for her to flower!
20210427_122735.jpg

Moving on to the White Star. I'm not too sure what to expect from this strain. I tried the Albino Fire Skunk OG last year from Digital Genetics so I decided to try something else from them this year. There's not too much information on what here terps are like, but I'm hoping she surprises me. This plant has seemingly remained in veg so let's hope it stays that way! 🤞
20210427_122747.jpg

Moving on to the other Bear Creek Kush F2. I starting this one a few weeks after the other, just as an insurance plan in case the first was male. I lucked out and got a second female which I'm happy about. This plant looked like it was about to start flowering early, but the landscape lighting should hopefully keep it veg!
20210427_122755.jpg

Moving on to the second to last plant! This is the Durban Special. This seemed like an interesting choice. Almost all the seeds were immature, but one sprouted and luckily for me it was female! Sadly she started flowering and was maybe a week into flower before I noticed 😓. I topped her by trimming the most mature nodes, defoliated, and trimmed the fan leaves to encourage new growth. Wish I had caught it earlier, but we'll see what happens
20210427_122801.jpg

And finally, the last plant in the garden, the Currant Kush F3 x Creamy Berry Blue. This is the shorter of the two plants. And unfortunately she started to flower early, but wasn't too far along before I noticed her. This is one of the strains I'm most excited for. Currant Kush is a favorite of mine so I've saved every seed I've gotten from her. Ended up pollinating a great smelling pheno last year and this is the result, I caught a glimpse of her terps already and am very excited for her. 20210427_122808.jpg

That's it for this month's update. I'm running landscape light 24 hours a day to revert the premature flowering plants and to deter anymore premature flowering. Hopefully it works! I'll keep you updated!

Hey everyone it's been a little over one month since my last update so I thought it was about time post an update of the outdoor cannabis garden. This month has been pretty productive. It's interesting looking at the photos from April and seeing how much of a difference a month makes. Most of the month has been completely arid. It's only in the last week, that we've received any of rainfall. We got absolutely drenched in the last few days. I like to do some light pruning every 5-7 days or so just so the plant grows how I want it and doesn't invest too much energy in the wrong nodes.

Let's quickly talk about each of the plants individually now. All the photos should be in the same order as the last post

Here's the Currant Kush descendant (possibly mixed with Creamy Berry Blue). She has fully re-vegged thankfully! I really had to prune her heavily because the re-vegging process made her incredibly bushy. She's somewhat lanky, but also very bushy so I was worried the growth might lead to mold in flower if left to grow freely.
20210530_161400.jpg

Here's the Slymeball. In the last update, she was recovering from being badly burned. At first, I thought the burn may have been because the compost I had top dressed with was still hot. In retrospect, I actually think it was my hose water that burned her. I'm not sure what was wrong with the local tap water, but I similarly burned some sunflowers which had only been given hose water. Since then, the Slymeball has fully recovered and flourished. Her growth has been decent. She is very lanky with thick study stems. I'm excited to see how she flowers 20210530_161405.jpg

Moving on to the Bear Creek Kush. I absolutely love this strain. So beautiful, vigorous and lanky! She went through the transplant process without prematurely flowering or encountering any stress. She continues to outpace every other plant in the garden and will likely grow large enough to take space from her sibling plants. It's going to be a pain in the ass trying to keep this plant under 8 feet 20210530_161501.jpg

Now let's talk about the White Star. This plant is also fairly lanky, although not as much as the Slymeball or Bear Creek Kush. Her growth habit has made it very easy to train her. She doesn't have as much space to grow and her access to light is limited compared to the other plants, but she is making do and keeping pace with the other plants in the garden. She will be tall. I'm excited to learn more about her as the grow season continues 20210530_161516.jpg

Moving on to the other Bear Creek Kush plant. Can you even recognize her? She has absolutely blown up in the last month. This strain is truly a gem! She is taller than every other plant besides the other Bear Creek Kush and she looks to be the mos vigorous. This was a late addition to the garden, but that hasn't slowed hr down at all. Her lanky growth pattern is what I seek out and she has been an absolute joy to grow and train. I honestly can't say enough good things about her
20210530_161523.jpg

Now let's talk about the Durban Special. This strain has had the most trouble in the garden. Luckily I was able to revert her back to veg from prematurely flowering. I pruned back a few nodes too closely, but I finally ended up chopping those nodes off completely, because it was clearly they couldn't re-veg. Since then, she has picked up speed. I can't quite describe her growth. She seems somewhat short and is having trouble gaining height, but let's see what happens over the next 30 days 20210530_161529.jpg

And finally, the last plant of the garden, the other Currant Kush Descendant (possibly mixed with Creamy Berry Blue. This plant is a bit shorter and less vigorous than the other one. I really had to prune her back quite heavily because she was bushing out too much and all the nodes were too close. The orginal Currant Kush was quite lanky and the Creamy Berry Blue male looked sativa so I'm a bit surprised how squat and bushy this strain is. I could already smell limonene terps when she prematurely flowered so she seems to resemble the Currant Kush more than the Creamy Berry Blue. I'm hoping both plants gain some heigh and length, but we'll have to see as we go.
20210530_161533.jpg

That's it for this month's update. I'll check back in one month with some more photos and a progress report! Peace!

Sorry
Hey! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I had meant to post another update at the beginning of July, but it slipped my mind! There's been a ton of growth in the garden. So much has happened in the month and a half since my last post that I'm not sure what to say so I'll just keep this post short and list the approximate heights of everything

Here's the Currant Kush. She's standing at about 6.5 feet
20210714_134534.jpg

The Slymeball is a bit shorter hovering at around 6 feet. Very lanky, but also very bush growth
20210714_134539.jpg

The Bear Creek Kush #1 is about 6.5 feet tall. This Pheno seems bushier than the other
20210714_134543.jpg

The White Star is pretty short still at under 6 feet. I grew an Albino Fire Skunk last year which shares a parent with this strain. The Albino Fire Skunk stretched a ton late in the season so maybe The White Star will as well
20210714_134551.jpg

The Bear Creek Kush #2 is around 6.5 Feet tall. This pheno seems lankier than the other
20210714_134555.jpg

The Durban Special is about 6.5 feet tall as well. It's impressive how much she's grown because she was one of the more stunted plants in the garden
20210714_134600.jpg

The Currant Kush #2 is hovering arount 6 feet. This plant is more bushy and less vigorous than the other
20210714_134614.jpg

I'll try not to wait so long between updates next time!

Hey everyone. It's been some time since my last post so it's about time for another. Most of the plants has begun flowering. Just wanted to show the progress so far

This is the currant Kush x Creamy Berry Blue #1. She started flowering before the other plants and looks to be in maybe the 3rd week of flower. Smell on her are lemon mixed with some other fruit
20210824_164618.jpg

The Slymeball is the second most progressed into flower. She's a little shorter than I expected her to be. Her foliage appears to be a lightershade of green than her neighbor plants. In terms of smell, to me she smells primarily of pine with some slight citric smell. Hopeing that she leans more lime as she develops and matures
20210824_164628.jpg

The Bear Creek Kush F2 #1 is doing pretty well. She's a little bit taller than the Currant Kush x Creamy Berry Blue. She's still quite early in flower, still maybe in week one, but I finally can start to get a sense of her flavor. This phenotype smells somewhat like blueberry. Very excited for her because I chose her on flavor alone
20210824_164638.jpg

This is The White Star. She's the shortest plant in the garden just because of location, but the back nodes which are less shaded, are starting o stretch a bit. She's still early in flower so no trichomes are visible and I can't get any sense of what she smells like yet
20210824_164658.jpg

This is the Bear Creek Kush F2. She's probably tied for tallest plant in the garden despite being topped multiple times. This is the pheno im probably most excited for. I think the #1 smells very good, but this phenotype smells more citric and reminds me of Jack Herer. I honestly can't wait to harvest this girl. She's still only in week 1 or 2 of flower, but I can tell, I'm going to love this strain!
20210824_164722.jpg

The Durban Special is doing well. She managed to keep pace with the Bear Creek Kush F2 #2 in terms of height, but she can no longer keep up with her neighbors stretch. She has slowed her vertical growth and appears to be firmly in week 2 of flower. She smells vaguely of fruit. Not many trichomes are yet visible and I can't quite distinguish what she smells like, but hopefully her smell develops a little more over the coming weeks.
20210824_164734.jpg

The Currant Kush x Creamy Berry Blue #2 is probably the bushiest plant in the garden, but she has yet to begin flowering. It's a bit concerning, because the streetlight partially illuminates her at night. Her sister is the most developed so I may need to shade her at night to induce flowering. I don't want her running till November. I expect her to smell much like the #1 plant, but we'll have to wat and see if my suspicions are correct.
20210824_164745.jpg

That's about it for this update. I'll try to check back in next month while the plants are all flowering! See ya then!