Calculating how strong your edibles really are

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
When calculating how much THC is in an edible product there are a few factors you need to consider to get it as accurate as possible. Low tolerance users can not handle high end stuff. It is really not pleasant for them even if i love it :D

1 Decarb your weed. The transfer from THCA to THC is not 100%. For the Ardent i use 95% THC active...oven tray 90
2 Strength of product...I use 25% (Heisenbeans and all the mind melters) or 20% (Canuck everything)
3 Weight of product in milligrams (grams x 1000)

So .90(THC after decarb) X .25(THC) X 1000 (1 gram in mg) = 225 MG THC available. If you eat the buds after decarb you get it all.

If you infuse that into a fat there is another transfer loss depending on the fat of choice. Here are the top fats to use and my comments (i have tried a lot of them).

Clarified Butter 93% It must be clarified and you can do it yourself. Works great in baked goods. Hard to eat
Avocado Oil 92% Tastes bad to me
Coconut 83% This is my carrier of choice. You can eat it or bake or cook with it
EVoliveoil 83 Tastes worse than avocado oil

If you want the strongest stick to butter or coconut oil.

The one thing that is almost impossible to determine is the maximum saturation of the thc into the fat....how much THC can you jam in 1 ml.

The last batch of caps i made was 30000 MG (30G) X .20 (THC) x .95(Ardent) x.83 (in Coconut oil) = 4731MG THC in 120ml of oil = 39mg per ml. About 50mg per cap.

A lot easier than taking 1/4 bite off a brownie..

Last edited:

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
When calculating how much THC is in an edible product there are a few factors you need to consider to get it as accurate as possible. Low tolerance users can not handle high end stuff. It is really not pleasant for them even if i love it :D

1 Decarb your weed. The transfer from THCA to THC is not 100%. For the Ardent i use 95% THC active...oven tray 90
2 Strength of product...I use 25% (Heisenbeans and all the mind melters) or 20% (Canuck everything)

So .90(THC after decarb) X .25(THC) X 1000 (1 gram in mg) = 225 MG THC available. If you eat the buds after decarb you get it all.

If you infuse that into a fat there is another transfer loss depending on the fat of choice. Here are the top fats to use and my comments (i have tried a lot of them).

Clarified Butter 93% It must be clarified and you can do it yourself. Works great in baked goods. Hard to eat
Coconut 83% This is my carrier of choice. You can eat it or bake or cook with it

The one thing that is almost impossible to determine is the maximum saturation of the thc into the fat....how much THC can you jam in 1 ml.

The last batch of caps i made was 30000 MG (30G) X .20 (THC) x .95(Ardent) x.83 (in Coconut oil) = 4731MG THC in 120ml of oil = 39mg per ml. About 50mg per cap.

I cant fucking wait!!!!

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN

I have a similar formula to get me in the ballpark. Much better than being your own guinea pig.