Bugs in my DWC res

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
What's up y'all. I was checking my ppm today and noticed a ton of little black bugs on my EC meter when I pulled it out. Looks like they are floating all over the top of the water. The plant looks healthy. Could they be harmless? Or is it gonna get real bad soon? They are the little black dots above the letters on this meter. I took a video but couldn't post it. It looked like it jumped like a flea almost. It just kinda disappeared.

IMG_20200523_134825665_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20200523_134405021.jpgIMG_20200523_134825665_HDR.jpgIMG_20200523_134411439_HDR.jpg

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member
What's up y'all. I was checking my ppm today and noticed a ton of little black bugs on my EC meter when I pulled it out. Looks like they are floating all over the top of the water. The plant looks healthy. Could they be harmless? Or is it gonna get real bad soon? They are the little black dots above the letters on this meter. I took a video but couldn't post it. It looked like it jumped like a flea almost. It just kinda disappeared.

View attachment 59688View attachment 59685View attachment 59686View attachment 59687
I gotta agree, plants look healthy AF, the disappearing act makes me think of springtails. I get little rafts of them floating in my flood and drain res' sometimes and a bit of something with some spinosad gets rid of them pretty quickly. Not actually sure how harmful they are because my plants have never shown signs of suffering when they're in there and as I said earlier, yours look pretty happy too.............

I AM

You know how to rock a bucket...kudos.

I ran a 50/50 bucket. bubble'd a single gallon of RO...& change my feed water weekly.

Out of the feed bucket into a flush bucket...then into a plain water bucket...Then back to the fresh feed bucket. Not to much work but worth it. It will unlock an feed block & keep you running super clean. Just my 0.02.

See you at the cup...