Bud structure...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yep, definitely much worse under my QBs than my hps. I feel like it's "easier" to grow under hps, at least for me. Maybe my environment is just better suited for it tho.
Maybe removing some of the stuff the light can't get to - instead of trying to get light to it?

I'm not talking pruning buds in late flower, but trying to plan on what will be "low" stuff when the stretch is done.
I checked on some with a light meter, and on medium to tall plants even if you get the light down to those lower nugs, the lumens aren't there anyway.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Maybe removing some of the stuff the light can't get to - instead of trying to get light to it?

I'm not talking pruning buds in late flower, but trying to plan on what will be "low" stuff when the stretch is done.
This is what im doing right now. 3 weeks yesterday so all the lowers are coming off and trying to remove all the bigger fans that block light from bud sites

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower

I checked on some with a light meter, and on medium to tall plants even if you get the light down to those lower nugs, the lumens aren't there anyway.
Yeah, that's basically what I've been doing. I lollipop all my plants. I'm talking like the part of the plant 6-15 inches from the top that always kind of gets clogged up in my tent.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will adjust the grow style under the boards. I am pretty sure it is a board related issue and penetration.

Now that i think about it...the cob grown part of the garden has denser buds that go into the plant futher. I moved stuff around so much but a few were always under cobs and a few always under led.

I will groom them better to produce top colas and remove larf and see if it improves. I can move things around to alternate cob board cob board to help !

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I will adjust the grow style under the boards. I am pretty sure it is a board related issue and penetration.

Now that i think about it...the cob grown part of the garden has denser buds that go into the plant futher. I moved stuff around so much but a few were always under cobs and a few always under led.

I will groom them better to produce top colas and remove larf and see if it improves. I can move things around to alternate cob board cob board to help !
That's a good idea, I would like to get a few single cobs to mix in there with the QBs to help with penetration and coverage

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Just threw a 3k cob in the veg tent Grabbed the 3k bc I thought if I ever needed to start flower early on the veg tent I’d always have the option.

Boy oh boy do they like the 6k spectrum better. Starting to think I shoulda went with the 5k cob instead. Any thoughts ?

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
What exactly is going on with them?
Little droopy. The side branches are growing super fast but vertical growth has slowed. There about 28 to 30 inches away from the cob They we’re getting big so I transplanted them. Hopefully makes a little difference.

Looks like their using up a lot more nutrients now as some of the top growth has began to get that lime green look

They don’t look bad but In my opinion they looked happier under the 6k cfl

Pics are over in my journal

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Little droopy. The side branches are growing super fast but vertical growth has slowed. There about 28 to 30 inches away from the cob They we’re getting big so I transplanted them. Hopefully makes a little difference.

Looks like their using up a lot more nutrients now as some of the top growth has began to get that lime green look

They don’t look bad but In my opinion they looked happier under the 6k cfl

Pics are over in my journal
Sounds to me like they are just adjusting to getting blasted with more light. All the tell tale signs are there. Vertical growth slowing, droopy leaves, using more nutes. They probably just need time to adjust

I AM

MAUI Wowi...lot info here.
Okay...this IS tough at best. My first 8 plant tent was dwc with spectrum set T5s.

I had tight kush plants - lanky sativa dom hybrids & some old school genetics much later.
That said, bud density was everywhere.
Lights:check...Temp/RH/Ph: check. However, ppms & genetics werent.

I notice that some plants kept pushing pistols. Its fuxking week 8:9 an they refuse to swell on the caylx.

So i had NUGGs on some plants & wet hairy bush buds on the other...then some dense ultra sponge dank on some others.

Now mind you...all the buckets got the same feed to the Letter. Like buddy with the 12 bucket system...res change is taxing. Im insane about my uniformity...so i "water whip" til all buckets are the same.
Pre set lab shit. JUST not over 800ppms of flower booster. THAT is where I think MY personal issue with 'hair bud' was.

So genetics & feed. I had '88 g13/hp that left the bud bowl full of orange hair that fell off well after cure. Still tight bud...Very TRIPPY smoke...just fucking hairy.

The Og from ken@GDP was was solid Nug. The purple dream from GDP was dense sponge dank...perfect bud structure. Boveda pack wasnt not needed.

Im thinking that i should hardline SiteBoosters & FinishBoosters because i could be mixing them...

#still learning through the shit

I AM

Just found some more info to add...

Relative humidity control in the grow room is said to promote denser buds...

According to HT magazine 2020 edition.
Keeping RH@ 55 - 60° in week 1-3 of flower. 45 - 50° in week 4-6. & never higher than 55° and about 75°f to finish; will encourage a much denser bud finish.

** i never paid attention to this...but its worth a shot next grow round.

Peace,

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am going to reduce temps and keep the RH up higher. I am also going to move as many boards into tents as i can (And move the cob lights to the bloom room).

I am also going to run some fat cola stuff I know has worked in the past.

Time to fix it!

I AM

Notice how each chem line is super hairy...those are the type of plants that i want to "tighten" the bud on...
That bottom havest photo is boss...but ill post another to compare my point with.

@Schwaggy P...share your two cents on this thread...thanks.

I AM

Queen Anne's Revenge tester, only got 1 female to harvest.

100% organic soil, pics from 5yo LG G3 phone taken in the grow or indoors under natural skylight.

View attachment 2499

View attachment 2500

View attachment 2505

View attachment 2501

View attachment 2502

View attachment 2504

View attachment 2503
Frozen Mandarin testers from Square One Genetics. 3 phenos were stable.

100% organic soil, 5 year old LG G3 phone cam pics, LED lighting in the grow, natural indoor skylight for dried pics.

View attachment 2576

View attachment 2575

View attachment 2578

View attachment 2579

View attachment 2580

View attachment 2584

View attachment 2582

View attachment 2583

Full tester growlog thread & smoke report can be found here:

Notice how the queen anna bud swell is real tight...it holds that structure all the way to bag appeal. If thats not feed or equipment related...its 100% genetic. Meaning that plants that exhibit THAT structure are keepers.
Now, can you find a male that transfers that genetic bud structure WHILE letting the clone mother express terp,flav,& potency??