Bubble Cloner...

So I threw together a small little 2in net pot cloner with 4 sites. Nothing major...Coming from soil I had my methods to take cuts. Hydroponics however, is not my cup of tea just yet. So my question is....what's really the easiest way to take cuts and put them in the cloner? Right into rockwool? Use Clonex then into the rockwool? Just looking for the easiest way honestly...

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
So I threw together a small little 2in net pot cloner with 4 sites. Nothing major...Coming from soil I had my methods to take cuts. Hydroponics however, is not my cup of tea just yet. So my question is....what's really the easiest way to take cuts and put them in the cloner? Right into rockwool? Use Clonex then into the rockwool? Just looking for the easiest way honestly...
I usually cut at a 45 degree angle just under a node, then dip in clonex. Then I will either stick them straight into Rockwool/rapid rooters or bubble cloner. Although lately I have had great success just sticking them in a jar of water. 100% success rate so far after 7 or 8 cuts, and it's easy as hell.

I usually cut at a 45 degree angle just under a node, then dip in clonex. Then I will either stick them straight into Rockwool/rapid rooters or bubble cloner. Although lately I have had great success just sticking them in a jar of water. 100% success rate so far after 7 or 8 cuts, and it's easy as hell.
Normal tap water? Dome? I'll have to try it. Thanks.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
just get it damp....then get a lid for your little pot and spray inside of the lid until the roots form.

dont water the coco direct after you get them in there.

Or a bunch of cups and invert a clear tote (like a little office filer) any of them work to get the humidity up.

They need to breath through the leaves until they develop roots.

I also sometimes use a rapid rooter (poke the hole further with a pencil and put the cut in there in the coco). I am heavy handed and i need them to be more secure :D

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I have it already as I used a little when I was cloning in soil..that was super easy too. Pop a cut in soil inside a solo cup and tape a plastic bag over the top. Every 3 days open one of the bag. By day 10... good to go.
I’ve also found great success using the Rapid Rooters. They tend to dry out a bit and I just wet them down again with the rooting solution. My point being there is some nutrition in the clonex rooting solution.

I used to do the rockwool thing but made a bubble cloner. It works everytime and faster. I just have an air stone in the bucket with extreme bubbles.
2" net pots. I cut off the netting so I'm just using the net pots as retaining rings. Just "PH" the water.

Attachments