brand new build....in basement.....6'6" total height

saskrider

Budtender
hi all....am about to start building this room. finished dimensions are 6'10" x 7'9" x 6'6" high.
my plan is to run a 12 pot dwrc system.....the room will be built as a sealed room .
lighting is an issue i'm having an issue with ...due to low ceiling height in general.
the 12 pot layout would give me a footprint of 40" x 60" ( approx. 20" center to center )
i'm kinda thinking that a cobb light setup would work pretty good.
my question is...does a cobb put out much heat and how close to the ceiling would be safe?
i have been given a 1000w hps and ballast as well as a 1000w halide.......but they put out way to much heat and i would have very little headroom for growth.
Please share your ideas and past expierences.
thx all....saskrider.

Old ST1R

Grow God
hi all....am about to start building this room. finished dimensions are 6'10" x 7'9" x 6'6" high.
my plan is to run a 12 pot dwrc system.....the room will be built as a sealed room .
lighting is an issue i'm having an issue with ...due to low ceiling height in general.
the 12 pot layout would give me a footprint of 40" x 60" ( approx. 20" center to center )
my question is...does a cobb put out much heat and how close to the ceiling would be safe?
i have been given a 1000w hps and ballast as well as a 1000w halide.......but they put out way to much heat and i would have very little headroom for growth.
thx all....saskrider.
6’6 head room isn’t that short if you start flowering when the plants are at an appropriate height. Regardless of the type of the light used, and assuming it’s a decent light, most plants will stretch 2-3 times their height at time of flip to 12/12, although some may stretch 4 times, and some less than two.

You’ll also want to consider ventilation, circulation, temperature and humidity controls in your space.

Growweedeasy.com has some excellent reading for begginers (like myself).

There a a lot of experienced people here willing to help, so if you have any questions, just ask.

Welcome to CP!

vostok

Trimmer
thx all....saskrider.
With anything growers may start in DIY
I always advise to keep your project open architured ..like the pc computer

so you may add or remove thru out your first grow to suit a growing plant..
that their is a tough one a lot tougher than even experienced growers may consider ..
like using chains to hang lights.. over fixing the light to the ceiling

just keeping it flexiable to change and suit at the last moment...this idea don't appeal to all...

as it leaves a very messy place during this say 3 month trial

good luck

Rooted

Plant whisperer
thx all....saskrider.
Exhaust? Its not that low. From budget standpoint you can run those lights but need cooled hoods and good exhaust. Sealed room for? My go to would be qbs on ratchets though for low profile high output. All will get hot if its sealed n not vented good. No pro just my opinion.