Branch disease?

angel4us

Super Active Member
I have a disease on an outdoor plant which I first noticed when a side branch off a main cola wilted and was obviously dying...the main branch had a light brown discoloration which encircled the side branch ....I cut off side branch and within a couple days the discoloration spread all the way around the main stem and caused it to wilt /die ....
Maybe 6 weeks ago when we had a wind storm this plant which had been uniformly trained had everybranch split from center so I washed wound with 10% bleach and bought some of that black wound stuff at nursery to protect wound .....
I’m wondering if this is where this problem is coming from ...
It’s affected three cola/branches so far

Attachments

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I don’t know much about it but look up “Fusarium stem canker”. It’s similar to root rot but can cause lesions like those to develop.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
nothing worse than at the end of your season and you wonder whats up with your plant? even if this helps for next season? information only helps cause i wish so many times i had alot of what i learned and these current products and info i got wasn't def not when i first learned. not saying your a noob( just trying to help)
-----
1. i think thats temperature messing up your plant, alot of my cbd plants are going insane , a few are turning brown stem and purple like they got painted between ( never had that on the based plants lol)

2. have you checked for bud-rot throughly? if your a newer grower heres a simple guide for ya:bend the branch/stem over as much as u can ( not stressing) and look on the top 3-5 buds and try to look" through the cracks" of the buds

Budrot is dominate like 75% starting on most strains ( exp indica's ) on that bottom third bud , why? its usually because the moisture can hide.

Alot of outdoor growers will look for if your being productive and if they have experience they will know they need to have genetics that can not only handle cooler weather but also their structure is meant for it. some genetics def were selected for deserts or not rainy or alot of places and not naturally occurring since alot of dudes are picking indoors.

best genetics for outdoors are big nugs but to have enough spaces on the nugs that the internodes aren't being susceptible to molds.

next thing is also you can harvest your tops and let the rest of the plant (mid range and bottom mature) the more you remove , the more energy that middle and bottom has a chance to be a champ. key is to have your math and timing right ( get a good usb scope so you know your trick are correct and ready )

3.PM/BUDROT + many mold issue prevention ( i have 14 day systemic prevention plan of drench/spray ) since doing this including my veggies , no pm . very little if no bud-rot compared so many people i know that have high numbers. Prevetion and healthy plants saves and its worth every effort! this product works on making your plants immunity and making it healthy vs a cover oil or making ph or adding copper or nasty based products. very clean and main point of it , makes your plant systemic healthy so mold cant infect it and better yields ( im good with the other shit ) + this is safe till harvest, not many are and when your trying to spray or prevent in flower ( whats the point of a fungicide you can't even use when budget sucks OD)

4.next time even if the branch breaks. i wouldn't ever use bleach on anything ag or plant . bleach isn't a ag accepted tool or garden. use a viruscide

physan 20 is and will protect floors , bathrooms, grow rooms, fight pm and clean and erect your rez for 14 days, if you don't wanna hurt bennies in a rez ( wait 15 minutes and then rinse with water ) but this stuff is hospital allowed sprayed and can kill corona virus and many things . including black mold ( 15ml per gal)

point is if you wanna fight pm or make a disinfect for a plant wound, thats the product eh

Last edited:

angel4us

Super Active Member
nothing worse than at the end of your season and you wonder whats up with your plant? even if this helps for next season? information only helps cause i wish so many times i had alot of what i learned and these current products and info i got wasn't def not when i first learned. not saying your a noob( just trying to help)
-----
1. i think thats temperature messing up your plant, alot of my cbd plants are going insane , a few are turning brown stem and purple like they got painted between ( never had that on the based plants lol)

2. have you checked for bud-rot throughly? if your a newer grower heres a simple guide for ya:bend the branch/stem over as much as u can ( not stressing) and look on the top 3-5 buds and try to look" through the cracks" of the buds

Budrot is dominate like 75% starting on most strains ( exp indica's ) on that bottom third bud , why? its usually because the moisture can hide.

Alot of outdoor growers will look for if your being productive and if they have experience they will know they need to have genetics that can not only handle cooler weather but also their structure is meant for it. some genetics def were selected for deserts or not rainy or alot of places and not naturally occurring since alot of dudes are picking indoors.

best genetics for outdoors are big nugs but to have enough spaces on the nugs that the internodes aren't being susceptible to molds.

next thing is also you can harvest your tops and let the rest of the plant (mid range and bottom mature) the more you remove , the more energy that middle and bottom has a chance to be a champ. key is to have your math and timing right ( get a good usb scope so you know your trick are correct and ready )

3.PM/BUDROT + many mold issue prevention ( i have 14 day systemic prevention plan of drench/spray ) since doing this including my veggies , no pm . very little if no bud-rot compared so many people i know that have high numbers. Prevetion and healthy plants saves and its worth every effort! this product works on making your plants immunity and making it healthy vs a cover oil or making ph or adding copper or nasty based products. very clean and main point of it , makes your plant systemic healthy so mold cant infect it and better yields ( im good with the other shit ) + this is safe till harvest, not many are and when your trying to spray or prevent in flower ( whats the point of a fungicide you can't even use when budget sucks OD)

4.next time even if the branch breaks. i wouldn't ever use bleach on anything ag or plant . bleach isn't a ag accepted tool or garden. use a viruscide

physan 20 is and will protect floors , bathrooms, grow rooms, fight pm and clean and erect your rez for 14 days, if you don't wanna hurt bennies in a rez ( wait 15 minutes and then rinse with water ) but this stuff is hospital allowed sprayed and can kill corona virus and many things . including black mold ( 15ml per gal)

point is if you wanna fight pm or make a disinfect for a plant wound, thats the product eh
Thanks for the great info ! Been growing for 42 years and still consider myself a newbie !!!
Constantly learning and now with laws changing can actually legally dial my shit in .... pretty much been on point last twenty years but not really knowing why I’m producing such awesome just that I am but knowing it can always be better????