Book Review

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Most criticisms I've heard about SK are that his books are too long or move too slow. I can totally see how you'd feel that way about King. I have always appreciated his level of detail, I feel like it helps me to visualize it better, I don't have a particularly vivid imagination.
He got popular for a reason and it is because some people enjoy that. I love a deep and realistic feeling world. It is just too much focus on the imagery for my own tastes. I love a long book though. It challenges me to spend more time not working. Have you ever read Michael Palmer?

Last edited:

sandman83

Super Active Member
So much to unpack here. Lol. I was trying to individually reply to each section when i realized i kind of have a response for all of it.

Fantasy is probably my favorite genre. And it kind of leans in to how i feel about Stephen King. I have an extremely vivid imagination. I feel King takes that from you as a reader. He puts so much detail in that there is no room at all to kind of paint the scene in your head at your own leisure. So that is exactly why I never cared for his writing. It is just too much. I like to leave some things up to the imagination. I did always enjoy Dean Koontz and keep an extensive collection of his books in my little personal library.

Thanks for the info on the podcasts. I listen to them all the time. I drive an hour to work each day so that is 2 hours of just sitting in my car bored. I've listened to everything i could find so it will be great to hear something new. I needed some rejuvenation there.
This X2, my dad loves SK, I can't stand him.... Will have to give this thread a read and see what yall are up to. My audible account has a few credits I'd like to burn if they have a good voice actor

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
John Sanford!! All the muder mysteries. Did 6 months. Alot of time to read...
Did a year myself. Library cart never came around more than when i was in the pod 😂😂. I used to make bitches check out extra so i had some more when i finished what I got. Strict 1 book policy. You ever read the 12 part revelations novels? Insanity man. Available in every jail I've seen. Lol.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Did a year myself. Library cart never came around more than when i was in the pod 😂😂. I used to make bitches check out extra so i had some more when i finished what I got. Strict 1 book policy. You ever read the 12 part revelations novels? Insanity man. Available in every jail I've seen. Lol.
Na I'm a busy man these days. It definitely sharpens the mind! I read the bible when I ran outta books haha. 1 book limit too!

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Currently reading ‘Rose of Paracelsus’ by Leonard Pickard

You might remember Pickard from the lsd lab He was running in Kansas out of an old decommissioned missle silo.

This book, put plainly, is a work of art.
It encompasses the lives of a secret group of ppl set around the world tasked with ensuring the worlds supply of lsd. All working together to bring enlightenment and evolution to the human psyche

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am going to tackle the Gunslinger. I got to book 3 and stopped..7 to go and i have the boxed set so..

I love SKs writing style. One of my favorites. And if i had to pick one of his books to read right now...The Talisman (SK and Peter Straub collabaration).