Bluemats

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Not sure if this is taboo to cross link but I found myself browsing this treasure trove from the 90s.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Wow that’s a long thread. Going to be reading today.
What do you all do for a flush at the end? Do you go straight water through the bluemat or turn it off and go hand with a good flush dry back?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Wow that’s a long thread. Going to be reading today.
What do you all do for a flush at the end? Do you go straight water through the bluemat or turn it off and go hand with a good flush dry back?
I haven’t flushed in years. It’s been proven to be unnecessary. The only thing I run through my blumats is straight water with a little CalMag added. No dry back needed either. Once it’s setup you just leave it be unless you notice an issue like the soil getting too dry or two wet. I set mine up for my current grow in November and haven’t had to do anything but top off the reservoir since

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Get the res as as far up as possible. My totes have screw lids which creates a vacuum and seems help and limits evaporation too. Make sure the bottom of the threaded cap of the carrot is level with the dirt line. Soak the pot and then dial them in. I have three drippers on each carrot (7&15g pots) and have to adj them periodically depending on plants uptake. My setup uses a 6 foot rack with two 35 gal totes on top (backed up to my 5x5 1' from ceiling) connected together with 3/4 pvc. Its great taking the guess work out of watering. I just hit them with a gal of veg/flower teas 3 times a week when the pots start to dry out a bit. Its interesting to see when the conditions in the tent are perfect and they start flowing. Since I top dress twice during flower I found a fine layer of coco or peat works great. Rice hull is also good but hard to top dress.
i bought a back scratcher that looks like a little rake,i just sprinkle dry addies on top of the rice hulls then move it all around with the rake,it falls right thru the hulls,then water things in ,job done!it makes things work good ,easy to reach plants in the back of the tent , and work in your dry addies.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I haven’t flushed in years. It’s been proven to be unnecessary. The only thing I run through my blumats is straight water with a little CalMag added. No dry back needed either. Once it’s setup you just leave it be unless you notice an issue like the soil getting too dry or two wet. I set mine up for my current grow in November and haven’t had to do anything but top off the reservoir since
Ya makes sense if you’re feeding water you don’t need a flush.
I’m feeding Megacrop 1 part at the moment.
so I do get buildup of salts. Have done one hand flush so far pretty much with what I’m feeding. And I’m thinking the last 2 weeks I’ll give water only. Should be lots of nutes in the coco to finish.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Nope I’m using the newer one part. Dosent have the big balls of calnit. Running 5-600 ish.
Just have 2 plants on it and one is on flush mode I pulled the carrot and plugged the hose. Hand watering RO water.
She’s about done.
One of the Chunkadunk comp plants.
IMG_3952.jpeg