Best spots in America for outdoor growing?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I had a choice....indoor or outdoor. The choice is for the license to grow here.

Outdoors you can grow fewer but the sun is free. You know what. the bullshit from outside is > than a free sun for me.

Bugs, lights, rain, cold, heat all beyond your control.

You can rock a tent. Once you get the environment in the range they will respond. It took me over 3 years to get here and i still screw it all up on occasion. Or change what works (why oh why)....

So just keep trucking...you can do it. You will learn more than you ever expected !

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
out west is saturated. Move east the value for your product will be worth much much more. I’ve always heard in books shcoharie county New York is one of the best for growing but who knows New York it’s still illegal though so... but you’ll be the first to get your foot in the door round here for legal purposes once they do go legal. Next closed place legally is mass I believe. And to go to a dispensary you pay back in the day stupid prices so the market is wide open here sorta. Heard Pennsylvania or Vermont or suttin was the best state for crazy weight safety purposes if u were to get hit with something really bad like having hundreds and hundreds of pounds. Where u looking for backyard grow? Gorilla grow indoor grow?

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
You have to water though from my understanding in Cali there’s no rain. Don’t know bout South Carolina. new York gets a lot of rain and snow early so... New York is awesome for gurulla grows. U never need to go back to water and they live. Down fall snow comes early. And lots of rain sometimes causeeing bud rot. Upstate New York soil is usually pretty much good to go to

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Northeast sucks for outdoor unless your running autos and can get them pulled by end of august.

Every year right around harvest time (September/October) it will start raining non stop, mixed with the colder weather, the conditions cause most of our outdoor to mold. :(

I have grown outdoor successfully here but Its not something im interested in trying again.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Northeast sucks for outdoor unless your running autos and can get them pulled by end of august.

Every year right around harvest time (September/October) it will start raining non stop, mixed with the colder weather, the conditions cause most of our outdoor to mold. :(

I have grown outdoor successfully here but Its not something im interested in trying again.
I always run into rot too I guess I’m just happy Getting something in the end usually I do end up tossing 10-15% due to rot from the end conditions. Ya def have to have the right strains that finish early and still plan on losing some. At least with the rain there is no need to go back to that spot to water. But I guess with the rot and mildew it’s def a double edge sword. Ya the cold sucks too. Slugs are awful especially for little plants need to take account for themespecially early on . I’ve had slugs eat a four foot plant to nothing in blink of an eye.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
YES Omg first other person ive talked with thats had a problem with slugs to. I had a small greenhouse for awile and 1 morning i come out and as the lights turn on the entire roof and sides of the greenhouse were covered. Slugs everywhere. nightmare
and this sickly purple that a lot of growers including myself seem to be getting lol I guess it’s hard growing up here lol D97F3F4B-0BF7-4C41-8825-381D2E3EF742.pngD97F3F4B-0BF7-4C41-8825-381D2E3EF742.png

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Ouch man...thats weird. Bud rot or something else? I saw someone else posted in /microgrowery with the same exact problem. They didnt think it was bud rot but it turned all the calyx's dark purple just like yours