Best room dehuey

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I pull my tents into my bloom room and scrub it to go out. the dehuey i have is ok but something newer will be more efficient and i think this one was recalled.

The space is 55 square feet X 6 feet tall (roughly) = 330 cubic feet.

No more kenmore and i wont buy that cheapo that i got before. That thing lasted 1 day past the 1 year warranty.

It will get constant use so i will pony up.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I got this one (but in white) last year and it has worked perfectly for me. I mainly bought it for a 10'X12' area, but it has worked in an even larger area very well. I dont have a drain so my only regret I have is that I didnt get the 70pt. for $40 more. I did however prop the machine up on milk crates and let it drain out of the hose attachment into a 5 gal bucket so I wasnt emptying 2X a day. When high humidity, I can get a 5 gal bucket in a cpl days. Free water for the plants that I dont have to tote makes me happy.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will go look at them. mine has a 1 gallon res and i pull 1.5g to 1.7 or so every 24 hours currently.

That big one says it has a big res too. That would work and shutoff :D but its not like im not in there every day...i am looking egyptian....and its January in the tundra eh.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Just a thought.
A dehu is an AC that puts all the heat back in the room plus the energy it takes to run the AC pump and fans.
If one was to run a mini split and control if the heat was rejected or not you would basically kill 3 birds with one stone. Dehu-AC-dehue with added heat.
Not on the market but i will probly convert a window AC to do such a thing. Either reject heat back to room. to different room or outside.
Thoughts?

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Just a thought.
A dehu is an AC that puts all the heat back in the room plus the energy it takes to run the AC pump and fans.
If one was to run a mini split and control if the heat was rejected or not you would basically kill 3 birds with one stone. Dehu-AC-dehue with added heat.
Not on the market but i will probly convert a window AC to do such a thing. Either reject heat back to room. to different room or outside.
Thoughts?
Building a new grow area now. Putting in a mini split. Hoping for similar results. e

some of The higher end ac systems have a dehum feature. Basically run ac at a very low rate to help dehumidify the air. My home system will go 2° cooler than set point when the humidity gets real high.

If I still need dehumidification I have a 70 pint Chinese pos. I’ll be looking at a commercial unit, oversized or not it should last longer than the cheap ones. I’m on my second in less than a year.

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
I lots of the time just swap my ac into “dry” setting. Seems to work. Probably not much more efficient than the ac itself

D

Deleted member 60

Gotta be a unit by unit thing.....like vehicles...LOL. I bought a 70 pt Danby about 4 years ago for my dome GH and it's ran flawlessly/does a very good job keeping the humidity in check. That space is 550 sq ft....with a domed ceiling peaking out @ 11.5 ft.....so it's a big area, for sure. I'll likely buy another when this one shoots the shit. Bummer yours didn't last @gwheels

Kriznac

I have had a 30 pint GE dehumidifier for a little over a year and have no complaints other than the 30 pint capacity. I have it in a room that is around 550 sq ft and it has been great for me, it keeps the desired RH within a few points. I don't know how to post links but if you search GE 30 Pint Dehumidifier on The Home Depot website it is the first result.

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I also have the hience dehumidifier, 50pint.
It kicks ass, I pull 5 to 7 gallons of water a day, keeps everything dry and has the drain hose, not that I'm using it, but I'm going to soon. I also reuse the water, it test at under 13ppm. Picked it up at Lowe's for about 150.00. it has been running 24hrs non-stop for a little over a year now and I have no complaint's with it.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I pull my tents into my bloom room and scrub it to go out. the dehuey i have is ok but something newer will be more efficient and i think this one was recalled.

The space is 55 square feet X 6 feet tall (roughly) = 330 cubic feet.

No more kenmore and i wont buy that cheapo that i got before. That thing lasted 1 day past the 1 year warranty.

It will get constant use so i will pony up.
Bought an ivation off Amazon like two and a half years ago a 30 pint I believe. Under 200 and hasn't blinked once . It's a little pricey but the reviews are stellar

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Just a thought.
Thoughts?
I have been thinking the same . I'm in a basement and the only time I truly need the dam thing is summer time when I'm keeping temps down . Contemplating the AC route for the same reasons .

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I should have got the big one. :D The dehuey is working great but the bigger one could have handled the air volume easier.

It adds considerable heat to your grow space. They pull quite a bit of wattage (Dehueys) so you have to be careful where you plug it in.

I am going to cut into a house vent that runs through my bloom room, put in a vent and hepa filter and add AC that way :D I will grow within the space as the temps allow. I am stocked up for a while.:D

Turpman is right there are work arounds.

But if you eject the heat from your room or tent...it aint scrubbed :D lol just remember it could get weedy around here.

The scrubber works. I dont smell weed but i will see when my 30 year old shows up :D i am nose blind to it i would imagine.

The bigger dehuey had a hose fittting and this 50 pint does not...i am pulling out maybe 1/2 gallon of water a day. I just dump it every morning. I usually use that water for first washing coco out of pot and stuff. I already paid for it when i put it in the pots :D lol.

Now this is what i will think about....if you had enough going in in your bloom room could you form clouds and make it rain in there...??

Put the Pig Whistle down.....that with some purple betty...holy shit betty was a grape pig

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm thinking kinda like a mini split, with 2 more condensers. The AC pump and main condenser are outside. The evaporator is in the flower room.

Run the compressed hot refrigerant back into the flower room first. Have a condenser in there. Then from there into my shop another condenser in there. Then back outside another condenser out there.
No stinky air moves just refrigerant. Inside condensers would be housed in a box with a fan so they can be used as heat adders or not with a thermostat. This would be the most efficient way. I have the idea, the vac pump, the AC gauges. I'm thinking used car condensers, cheep, just a matter of hooking everything up leak free, making sure condensed liquid flows back to the capillary. Control for the flower room would be not too bad. RH or temp high=AC on. Set the inside condensers to run when AC is on and thermostat needing heat. Outside condenser on when condenser is above a certain temp. May need a low spot for a small refrigerant reservoir for it all to drain back to before returning to the evaporator.

Arenas for instance are one of the most inefficient systems out there. Why places that use a huge amount of cooling don't recycle that heat back to where they need it is beyond me.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
You could do this in a house. Why reject the heat outside then turn your furnace up. Reject the refrigerant heat to your furnace duct.